Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband punishment

Husband punishment

My husband was with me at JoAnn's the other day and I picked up a quilting book to page through. He said "OMG, did you know that book was $25?!" I said "OK, first, it's half priced, and secondly, I'm only looking at it for the pictures."

Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!"

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me, but since this is what I think he wants, he just bought himself ten more minutes in the fabric store instead! Oh, and the longer I spend in the store, the more $$$ I spend as a result, so keep it up, Bucko!

So I ask you, what kind of punishments do you dole out to your Mister Smartypants?
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Jim
    LOL I am the MR. Smartypants I wish my wife would dole out punishments like that...of course we are both fabriholics...and I'm not interested in any 12 step programs for it...LOL great story btw
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I like bringing hubs along. He has a thing about buying end of bolt fabric. I always walk out with more fabric then I intended to buy when he goes with me.
    Last edited by DebraK; 09-21-2012 at 09:28 AM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

MTS
    Banned

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something.
    +1

Hah.
    But I thought it was the other way - generationally speaking.
    Meaning it was an "old marriage" thing.

DH has been really good the last years and enables me. Also I am not into "punishing".
    Anna Quilts

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK View Post
    I like bringing hubs along. He has a thing about buying end of bolt fabric. I always walk out with more fabric then I intended to buy when he goes with me.
    Mine shoves me in the store throws the VIsa card at me and says .......Have fun!!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way.

Ha ha ha cute...but I have to be carefull when i bring my hubby along, he always makes me spend more than i had budgeted....isn`t that a drag!!! ha ha ha !! not.....that`s why i always take him along!!!!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast