Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale >

Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale

Husqvarna #1+ purchase at estate sale

Old 06-15-2014, 01:10 PM

Congratulations on finding such a great deal and seizing the opportunity!
Old 06-15-2014, 04:33 PM

I have a 1+ but the reader writer wont help you unless you have the computer software. And even then it may not help much because most of them will only run on windows 96. Viking does not support or update any of the older software. Because of that I can not do much with my embroidery unit anymore. But it is a pretty good machine.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM

I have cleaned it up and it is stitching fine. I am not sure about the embroidery unit. Input did a heart from one of the cards and it looked fine. It stopped before it was complete. I did a partial of another design and it was like the hoop was not moving straight. It probably does need servicing, but I wanted to be sure it worked correctly before I put more money in it. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don't know much about the Husqavarnas.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:06 PM

I do have the software and have not loaded it. Can you just put an embroidery on the card, put it in the machine and embroidery from there?
Old 06-15-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
I do have the software and have not loaded it. Can you just put an embroidery on the card, put it in the machine and embroidery from there?
no, you need the software to add the design to the card. I have the 3 husqvarna's and love all three. I have old software that is not supported any more and that really sucks. It works and that is all that matters for now. Maybe check some of the like software sites, like embird, maybe they are able to transfer to the reader/writer. Good luck, you got good machine at a great price
Old 06-15-2014, 08:01 PM

Back in it's day, the #1+ was the Viking top-of-the-line machine! The customizing that she bought for $699 was the computer program used for the embroidery. I have the Viking Rose which was the machine directly under the #1+ which I bought in 1998. They are both fantastic machines. I have an old desktop that i keep JUST to run that embroidery software. Then I have another laptop that I keep just for the newer embroidery program I have for my Designer One. Bummer that Viking doesn't support them any more, but I'll just keep my old computers just for my sewing machines. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 06-16-2014, 02:45 AM

Love my#1+ I don't do much embroidery but sew everything else. Sadly she is at my other home so not using her right now. Thinking I need to get her up here with me. Great machine.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85 View Post
I have a 1+ but the reader writer wont help you unless you have the computer software. And even then it may not help much because most of them will only run on windows 96. Viking does not support or update any of the older software. Because of that I can not do much with my embroidery unit anymore. But it is a pretty good machine.
The black box which is a read/writer for different machines works well with XP. Viking makes a newer one that was supposed to work with XP but I couldn't get it to install so I took it back.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:55 AM

I have this machine I bought it in 1994. It is a great machine, I use it everyday I prefer to use it, it just seems to be my choice of all the other machines I have. I'm sure you will not be sorry you bought it. It is a work horse. I sew for my 5 children,12 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren, and I make quilts. so you know mine gets a good work out. I love mine.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:37 AM

I have the 1+. I bought it on ebay 3 years ago. It is a real workhorse. It came with the embroidery unit and customizing software. I paid $340 plus shipping that brought the cost up to over $400. Love the machine and the embroidery that it does came with it. I did buy the reader/writer for it but my computer didn't have the correct cable connection so it doesn't do me any good since there is no support for it anymore; and the newer ones don't work with the 1+. I had to have it serviced after having it for a year, but it came back working perfect. My only problem now with it is that it sometimes doesn't want to sew; the foot controler when I step on it does nothing. Service person told me that it is probably in the electronics after putting a different controller on it and it also didn't work. He told me to let it cool down and see how it reacted. (I was in the middle of a class at the LQS at the time.) Finished the class and brought it home. It has worked ever since until yesterday. It decided to shut itself off when I lifted the presser foot lever. Did it several times then started working normal again. Now I will have to take it in to see what it is going to cost to have it checked out if it keeps this up. I don't know if it is going to be worth the cost of repair if it is electronics going bad. What to do, what to do... Oh, by the way, you have a great machine at a very GREAT price.