Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Pantographs >

Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Pantographs

Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Pantographs

Old 01-25-2014, 10:00 PM

Default Husqvarna Mega Quilter and Pantographs

I have a Mega Quilter and Gracie Frame that I bought used. Does anyone know the maximum size of pantographs that can be used with it? And where is a good source to buy them from?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2014, 05:05 AM

not sure on size. but the gracie frame co. has different patterns for sale.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

The mega quilter with the 9" throat? Probably depends on the quilt size, as you roll it, you will have a much smaller area to work with. You will probably have to turn a larger quilt. If you have to turn the quilt, remember that you will also have to flip the pantograph because now you will be working 'upside down'.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

i used a juki with a 9" throat to quilt several queen sized quilts. i think the beginning quilt length was 6-6.5", but the end quilt length was only 4-4.5"
Old 01-26-2014, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

I have that same set-up. As you roll the quilt you loose space so choose small designs. I usually make loops or swirls or meander. Gets the job done.
Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 AM

Because of the 9" throat length of my machine I think I read somewhere that I can use only up to a 6" pantograph. Does anyone know if that is true?
Old 01-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

I would say that 6" is optimistic, although you might be able to do one or two passes. Think about the amount of room the rolled quilt takes up in the throat of the machine.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:11 PM

I use the 9in mega quilter and 4 to 4.5 is about it. While you can use slightly larger in the beginning the more you roll the less space you have. It also depends on the loft of your batting. High loft makes the roll larger faster. That being said, all I do are small pantos due to the limited space as custom is easier off the frame for me.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:55 AM
KLO

I have some pantographs that came with my second hand Pfaff 1200/Inspira frame set up which is basically the same as your. Just measured them and most of them seem to be in the 3" range, some a little larger and some smaller. They are from Golden Threads but I am sure you can get them elsewhere. There are a couple of videos at the site that you might want to watch also. Good luck and have fun!
http://www.goldenthreads.com/shop/category/pantographs/

PS: I have the single pages that are shown part way through the first video where you have to photocopy them and tape together to fit the full width of your quilt. I have also used the Golden Threads quilting paper to mark a non-edge to edge pattern. It tears of easily.

Last edited by KLO; 01-27-2014 at 12:00 PM.