Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Husqvarna Viking 1100

I have a chance to purchase a Husqvarna Viking 1100 for $200. It is for my adult daughter who is just beginning to sew/quilt. I think she needs something with a buttonhole stitch, needle down and an adjustable needle. Does anyone have this model and do you have any comments or recommendations about the machine or the price? I have always sewn on a Pfaff with IDT, so am not sure how this sews without the walking foot. Thanks for your input.

Blog Entries
    I googled this machine. It is on ebay for $400, so $200 sounds like a good price. I sew most of the time on Pfaffs also, but I have a lower priced Viking and a megaquilter and I liked them both. You can purchase a walking foot if you find you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    I googled this machine. It is on ebay for $400, so $200 sounds like a good price. I sew most of the time on Pfaffs also, but I have a lower priced Viking and a megaquilter and I liked them both. You can purchase a walking foot if you find you need one.
    Thank you for the info Sadiemae. I did go ahead and purchase this machine and it was a great deal. I got about 10 extra feet including walking and free motion and probably about 20 packages of needles as well as 4 pair of good scissors...I may have to keep it for myself rather than give to my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by barbrdunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Thank you for the info Sadiemae. I did go ahead and purchase this machine and it was a great deal. I got about 10 extra feet including walking and free motion and probably about 20 packages of needles as well as 4 pair of good scissors...I may have to keep it for myself rather than give to my daughter.
    You got a bargain , just two of the feet ( walking and free motion) are worth almost $200 if purchased new.