Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I am back and a ???

Hi everyone, Been away for awhile. A few weeks ago we had a bad storm and my computer got zapped with a power serge :cry: Was in the shop for about 2 weeks. But I am up and running again, trying to catch up here.

The one good thing was no computer I got alot more quilting and cleaning done LOL

For my question, I have been on the internet looking for a wall hanging pattern for a christmas wreath kind of theme. Seen a few I liked but if I down size then they would not look right or the pieces would be too small.

I am not too good at making up my own, but I may have to :roll:

Thanks for any and all help.

hi, welcome back. i am sort of new so i don't think we have met.

i have had the same thing happen to my computer. one time our well got zapped. at least our insurance paid for part.
    i have a computer sewing machine. i make sure to unplug it when i am not using it. dont need to have my best friend:) disabled.
    sorry don't know about the wreath. good luck.

Nanabirdmo, Nice to meet you, :) It is funny the computer got it and I also have a computer sewing machine it didn't get hurt at all. not did my DH computer. Of course he had a serge protector on his. I didn't but I do now LOL

Blog Entries
    I've always thought the Frolic Variation at the McCall's website would look very much like a christmas wreath if the right fabrics were used

http://mccallsquilting.com/qb/pattern_300/

Sorry to hear about your computer.Glad your back with us!

I know this isn't a quilted wall hanging of a wreath, but I remembered this old picture I had from a magazine (20 yrs. old at least ) of a pieced wreath and pieced or braided stocking. Looks like the wreath is stuffed with batting.

Also, wouldn't something similar to the Dresden Plate pattern or fan pattern make a nice wreath? I may have my names of patterns wrong, but it's scalloped all around with an open center..?????? Maybe make the center circle larger...

Pieced wreath & pieced or braided stocking
    Name:  Attachment-3145.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  57.2 KB