Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I am in dire need of help............

Blog Entries

I am in dire need of help............

Ordered a new grid on line and proceeded to cut out all the fabric for an attic window. After everything was cut out I find that the grid measured 5 7/8" instead of 6 1/4". Now I am off on everything. I want to try and fit it all in but cannot figure out how to cut to size the triangles for the corner. They currently measure 2 7/8 while the main picture and and the light and dark measure 6". What size do I cut the triangles to match the 6" fabric. I am just sick over this but can't stop now because I have already invested too much time and money. I am desperate for any help at all on how to complete this quilt.
    Sue Woodward

Don't worry, this is fixable. Do you have a picture of the pattern cover that you're using?

If not, try going here and share the picture that looks the most like the attic windows pattern you're making.
    http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...+windows+quilt

What is the width of the light and dark? You may not need to change anything. 2 7/8" triangles cut for the corner means you are going to end up with 2 1/2" squares. If your light and dark are cut 5 7/8x2 1/2, you are fine. If not, simply cut your triangles 3/8" larger than the width of your light/dark sections.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand the grid part. If the fabric or grid is larger then the other, trim all to one size. It's only fabric so it will work out.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    The pattern is called "Easy Attic Window" pattern in images.search - site you suggested.
    Sue Woodward

Blog Entries
    Right now everything has been cut down to 6" but it appears to me that the triangles that were cut 2 7/8 would be to big to fit in.
    Sue Woodward

Blog Entries
    Polyparrot, I found the attic window on the search engine you provided but when I click on the share button nothing happens. It is Attic Window quilt block insturction by Oliver, if this helps at all.
    Sue Woodward

Quote Originally Posted by sue38 View Post
    Right now everything has been cut down to 6" but it appears to me that the triangles that were cut 2 7/8 would be to big to fit in.
    I don't get "cut down to 6" ". The dark & light are rectangles - what is the other dimension? 2 7/8" triangles make 2" finished squares.

Krista