Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am disgusted

I took my hubby's advice and waited until our local Walmart was done with their renovations. The fabric dept was plainly moved into it's new home area. What I found. One isle if you could call it that, with a little center bin. No $1.00, $2.00. Same fabric as they have on the shelve. Prices are $4.94 a yard and very and I do mean very limited choices of fabric. I did not even bother to look if they had thread or anything. They did not have batting. Looks like as soon as they get rid of this, they will be done with fabric. They might just as well get rid of it. Not much yardage to any bolt.

Blog Entries
    Yes, when the Walmart's are remodeling the store they are getting rid of fabric department.

We don't shop there no more!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    That is one store I avoid like the plague. I don't care how cheap their prices are!

Not all, ours remodeled and the fabric department is now bigger than it was and the set up is a lot easier to shop.

We still have a fabric dept here in rindge nh. but I asked where the buttons were. she said at the end of the aisle but there are only a few and when they are gone no more are coming in. I have a feeling our fabric dept is on its way out. hope the price of gas goes down. oh yeah they only had 2 purple and 5 pink buttons.

Blog Entries
    Each WalMart has a say in to keep the fabric and how much . At one , where I know the manager , They were to keep the fabric but downsize it :roll: The manager said what there were doing is just ordering in extra fabric :thumbup: LOL

Consider shopping online quilters. The shops online offer much better quality and if you wait for a sale, it's way less expensive. A lot of the shops offer free shipping if you spend $35 and there are other discounts as well. It doesn't have to end with Walmart closing down their fabric areas. I bet these online shops put them out of business in the first place. You can still get fabrics and you won't waste gas going to get them. We could all stand to conserve oil/gas. Turn your news on tonight.

Blog Entries
    Our WM in Greer, SC discontinued the Fabric Dept.
    We still have batting and some notions.
    There are now machines, fat quarters, charm packs,
    jelly rolls, kits, and some other stuff.
    But it is all really cheap looking.
    JBJ137 in SC

Our Walmart closed out fabric so long ago I almost forgot that some people actually find it there. I also have to admit that I avoid the place like a plague unless it is between 2-5 a.m. Even then around here it is never empty.

Well, that's the Walmart business model. Run all the local business out of business with impossibly low prices, then once that is done, simply raise the price on what they sell. I won't buy anything from them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast