Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am embarassed.....

:oops:

OMG - I have been threading my machine wrong since the day I picked it up. On top of that I wasn't inserting the bobbin correctly. I called the dealer where I bought the machine and they went step by step with me. I am so happy that it sews like a dream now and so I am passing this on to anyone else who may make the same mistake. I feel like a boob but I am happy that my machine works great.
    BTW, my sewing machine is Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q. Now I am sew happy..... :D

Blog Entries
    Happens more then you know :oops: LOL

I have a Brother that the thread comes off the spool from the front as opposed to the back :roll: Guess how long it took me to figure that out :shock: LOL

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Don't feel bad...I went around and around with the store where I bought my machine. They kept checking it out and telling me it was fine, but when I would bring it home (and re-thread it) it wouldn't work any more. I was pulling my hair out. One day I took it down and talked to the service person. He asked me to sit down and show him everything I did. It was then we figured out what I was doing wrong.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

JJs
    Banned
    when all else fails - read the instructions??
    LOL

OMG....I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has embarrassed myself more than once with something so simple.....LOL

Power Poster
    Glad you finally got it figured out :)

How about this:

One night I sat down to my sewing machine, and hmmm,, it wasn't working. It would put holes in the fabric but no thread. I just knew I threaded it right and even checked it.

I go on for about 5 minutes and can't figure it out.Finally, I did. It wasnt' threaded through the needle! I had it pulled down under the presser foot, but not through the needle hole, LOL. OMG, I was so embarrassed, even though no one seen me!

That was one of the dumbest things I ever done! LOL!

Stephanib123.....LOL :)

Don't feel bad. I broke out a vintage Singer about a week ago and after cleaning, oiling, changing the needle, etc. the old girl wouldn't work. After turning the needle three times she finally started sewing like a dream. I knew that years ago when I put her away she sewed beautifully..... I guess I should have paid more attention when I took out the old needle.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast