Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I am free! All scraps are gone!

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.

Banned
    :)

TREMENDOUS JOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    I am free! All my scraps are gone! I packed up 3 LARGE priority-rate boxes for QB members. To get that many, I went through 3 liquor boxes and a half-full zip up comforter bag, cutting everything into 3x5 bricks and squares to make (several) flying geese quilts. Everything unwanted and smaller than that was given away. Small! But there were tons of people who wanted them. It takes a long time for a scrap quilter to have enough scraps to give away, but I feel so clean and happy now.
    It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)

That was SO nice of you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    It would take three boxes of liquor for me to get through all of that................. :) :)
    LOL You are so funny!! But I would have to agree with you!!

Lol, I was thinking the same thing about 3 boxes of liquor.... LOL :)

Quote Originally Posted by pennijanine

Ditto!

I wouldn't have made it through the first box of liquor much less getting anything sorted and ready to send out. It was wonderful of you to go through your scrappy fabric and send it to others.

Pam M

Sometimes I wish I had NO fabric at all. I love to go to fabric stores and buy the latest with a pattern in hand and then go home and make it. If there are any problems, the quilt shops would still be able to get more fabric in or still have it on their shelves. I also wouldn't have a huge storage closet in one of my bedrooms. Maybe I should do what you have done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by pennijanine
    lol ditto

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast