Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I am liking quilts with some black or white, not together

I am working on a scrappy Irish chain All colors except for the bblack "chain" Looks good so far

The black and white quilt looks beautiful! I just finished the top of my first quilt ever and used black for the background. I like the way it came out, but one of the blues is a little too dark to really show up. I might try something similar with green and pink.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have never used white it a quilt but I am always drawn to those quilts with white sashings- might have to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by Granna of 5
    My sister and I made a black & white for DS's wedding gift. It was really pretty.
    Very striking!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanm
    The black and white quilt looks beautiful! I just finished the top of my first quilt ever and used black for the background. I like the way it came out, but one of the blues is a little too dark to really show up. I might try something similar with green and pink.
    Really nice!

I love black and white quilts! That love started early! I had a black and white bedroom when I was 14.....striped walls, and checked bedspread.....and then my mom let me paint some furinture red. Pretty progressive for the 70's, at least for me. LOL

I am in the process of picking out fabrics for a new black and white quilt. Thinking of doing Eleanor Burns Day and night. The quilts you all have posted are beautiful!

I have a black red and white quilt planned for myself. It will be my "learning" quilt - It will be a sampler of sorts...I can't decide on a pattern for it, so I'm going to do EVERYTHING! lol There are so many neat blocks and tricks and patterns I've seen on here and I love them all...so this quilt will be a sampler of sorts, for all of the blocks I've wanted to try but haven't yet because I'm compulsive and MUST finish something before playing and I just haven't had the time. I'm also going to use it to learn FMQ. This one is all for me and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I have about 14 yards of fabric to play with, some yardage, a lot FQs...it will be fun!

Anyway...enough of my tangent. I love black and white with another colour. I'm not crazy about *just* black and white, though I have seen some striking ones.

I'm currently doing a quilt in black & white with red accents,

The Amish type quilts have always been some of my favorites. They use LOTS of black with bright colors for their quilts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by judylg
    Find that either of these colors accent a quilt, even in a baby quilt, the black is nice. What does everybody think?
    Black & white are great together together! I love that stark contrast.
    I have made a few that I think turned out really pretty!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast