Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I AM SO PUMPED! Antique Singer Treadle in cabinet . . .

wow, ladies! thanks so much for all of the great information! it's going to be a long year waiting to get back there to bring it home!

I picture you driving down the interstate with it tied on top of the car. I'd do anything to get that machine.
    Julie
    hee hee - i've had the same thoughts. i'm already planning how we can pack modestly for the wedding so i have room in the back. we have a taurus X which has lots of room, so hopefully we won't have to tie it on top. not sure my DH would go for that!

Banned
    Ohhhhhhhhhh How cool is that? I wish i had my Grandmothers old treadle, but my sister got it :(

I have a "Standard" treadle machine that my mom traded a misprinted dollar bill for. I need to get a belt for it because I broke the one that was on it but it works if I can get my rythem going! I used to sew on my grandma's when I was little.

Blog Entries
    I feel your excitment. I have my moms machine like this one in my sewing room. I have not had it restored. I was told that it would lessen the value of the machine. I also learned to sew on this type of machine. So needless to say when I tried learning on the electric machine in school years ago it was quite funny. My teacher reminded me that it was not a race car. I have been tempted to see if I can still sew on the old machine. I can not remember how to thread it. Have fun with your machine. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by chamby
    I have not had it restored. I was told that it would lessen the value of the machine.
    that's interesting. i'll have to keep that in mind!

thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2