Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can leave my project out! >

I can leave my project out!

I can leave my project out!

Old 06-08-2015, 04:36 PM

It is a pain to have to put everything away and drag it all out. The thought of it is usually tiring enough to prevent me from doing anything at all.

If I ever get my own house, I definitely want a room that can be closed off (if it has pocket doors even better )
Old 06-08-2015, 05:06 PM

I remember one of the best pieces of advice I ever heard: you wont use it if it isn't out, referring to a sewing machine.

Since there is no one else to complain I leave everything out as I work. Easy to do as most of y friends are also creative people.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:40 AM

I'm so lucky, I have a building separate from my house for all my quilting so I can make a big mess, close the door & go into the house. However I do all my hand work in the house, bindings & Embroidery work
Old 06-09-2015, 02:49 AM
Power Poster

I never had problems with my Westie but he sure found any piece of fabric that fell to the floor to lay on. I would rather have a companion than worry about my quilting. Can have on in the apt where I now reside.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 AM

I have a bedroom for my machines,ironing board and fabric storage, but I take over the living room with my cutting tables and spread out all my stuff. I put it all up once every two weeks for the cleaning service or if I have special guests. Regular guests are not only used to the mess, but are contributors to it.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 AM

I have a separate room for sewing that I can shut the door if need to, but I usually can leave everything out and the cats don't bother it. The only thing I make sure to do when done for the day, is to put away any spools of thread and cover the machine. Learned that the hard way after finding a large brand new spool of Aurifil wrapped around every table and chair leg in the room.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 AM
dd

I took our daughter's room when she moved out. she still calls it her room. I don't correct her anymore. If I had to get my machine out every time, I wouldn't get much done. I have always had my machine in a stand even when we had a 1 bedroom apt it was in the living-room. After we bought a house the kids took up the bedrooms so it was in our bedroom. So glad to have my own room.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:35 AM

You lucky one! I wish I had a basement or a spare room just for my stuff.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:11 AM

I remember that feeling when I went from sewing on the kitchen table, to taking our middle son's bedroom and finally having a room designated to sewing. One tends to forget those little joys. Congratulations. I hope you never have to go back. RE: dogs. We have TWO Golden retrievers that just turned one. I will allow one in at a time, IF I have scoured the floor for pins, fabric or thread first. Then I bring them in with their bone to occupy them for about an hour.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:24 AM

....must have missed something here...." Cats are gone". Hope you were just cat sitting, not the other thing!