Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't believe I have a 7700!!! >

I can't believe I have a 7700!!!

I can't believe I have a 7700!!!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 AM

I am Green with Envy...Congratulations...enjoy your new baby!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 AM

Congratulations on your new machine. I've had mine a couple of months and love it. I also came from a nearly 30 year old machine...a Janome, which I kept. What a difference :)
Old 11-18-2010, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
Congratulations on your new machine. I've had mine a couple of months and love it. I also came from a nearly 30 year old machine...a Janome, which I kept. What a difference :)
I just found out yesterday that Janome makes Sears, so that's probably one reason I feel comfortable with the 7700 .... everything is in the same place. I don't know if Sears made Janome back in the early 80's, but my Kenmore has been a good machine and I'll definitely hang on to it.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Congratulations, I hope you love this machine. Please let us know how you like it and if you have any concerns. I have a Janome 6500 and am wondering if I should be trading it in. I'm tempted but haven't stitched on a Horizon yet. Did you buy the table to set it up in? I don't think this would make a good portable machine and I can't imagine taking it out to classes. I would like to hear some info from owners before I go and buy one.
I'm not sure I'd want to lug the 7700 to classes, although my dealer carries the rolling bags for transport which I will definitely put on my Christmas list. I've never had time to go to classes ... maybe some day when I'm really retired. I am able to lift it without much difficulty and I had a spinal fusion a year ago.

I didn't get a table yesterday because I have a sturdy desk I use for sewing and figured I could add to table in the future if I want it. I had a little time to play with it last night and am very pleased so far. I was told that this 7700 has all the same features as the 6500 plus more. And it has that wonderful 11" throat space which totally sold me. I'm to the point in my life that convenience and comfort makes a huge difference and I'm willing to pay more to get it! I'm still consulting part time and have the money to do it now, so why not? :-) Off to work now ... I'll play more with it later today.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:01 AM

Ohhhhh. I would love to have one of those. I have a Janome with a nine inch throat area and I am always surprised at what I can squish into that space and quilt. Eleven inches! What a great machine!
JulieM
Old 11-18-2010, 05:27 AM

Congratulations, you'll be very happy. I love my 7700. You'll need to get used to putting on the Accufeed feet. Clumsy at first, but it will become second nature in no time. Make sure to get the 1/4" foot and the ditchquilting foot too. They will come in handy, although not cheap.

Also, make sure to register your product on Janomewarranty.com so you will get the new upgraded regular 1/4" foot that works better with the feeddogs on this machine. It is free and will be mailed to you within a couple of months.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

So exciting to get a new machine!! :D
Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Congratulations, you'll be very happy. I love my 7700. You'll need to get used to putting on the Accufeed feet. Clumsy at first, but it will become second nature in no time. Make sure to get the 1/4" foot and the ditchquilting foot too. They will come in handy, although not cheap.

Also, make sure to register your product on Janomewarranty.com so you will get the new upgraded regular 1/4" foot that works better with the feeddogs on this machine. It is free and will be mailed to you within a couple of months.
I just registered my machine online thanks to your tip. The dealer didn't mention that, but it may be covered in the manual. I can't imagine having another foot, though, as the thing came with 17 different feet! I have no idea what they are for ... hopefully I can take a class after the holidays. I've been sewing with the walking foot and am really impressed at how it walks across a quilt with thick wool batting without any wrinkles. I love it!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Congrats!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:45 AM

Sew happy for you!!!!

Santa keeps forgetting to bring mine. I think it must be too heavy for him. LOL