Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I could sure use suggestions.

Blog Entries
    What they all said!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    What they all said!! :-)
    me too! :)

Ditter

I saw a quilt on this site that i thought would be a great layout style for this w.o.o. quilt. check it out, it even has the wonky layout I referred ot earlier.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-48894-1.htm

Blog Entries
    I have a rather off-the wall suggestion: start with red sashing in the very middle and get more and more colorful until the outside borders which are in a riot of rainbow colors (like when Dorothy landed in Oz). Maybe even a lollipop fabric here and there. For quilting the blocks, I might try some outlining of the central figures in each block in a thread that won't show up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltilicious
    I have a rather off-the wall suggestion: start with red sashing in the very middle and get more and more colorful until the outside borders which are in a riot of rainbow colors (like when Dorothy landed in Oz). Maybe even a lollipop fabric here and there. For quilting the blocks, I might try some outlining of the central figures in each block in a thread that won't show up too much.
    Great Idea!

I have a large amount of both the sepia and the colour collection. I plan on making the sepia side very plain with just the sepia and brown colours and the other side will be the colourful side in keeping with the tradition of the movie.Both will be in squares framed to make them look like the film strip stills that they are and the quilt will be reversible. One side for when we are in Kansas and the other for when we are not in Kansas anymore. Fell free to take parts of this idea as it may be a while before I get working on it.

Blog Entries
    You all are fabulous! I wish I could use every one of the suggestions so far. They are ingenious. Keep them coming!

I have 2 ideas one is follow the Yellow brick road! you could do strips of yellow/gold and quilt them to look like bricks. and the other is Dorthy is from Kanses what about looking up the block for that state and using it to break up the blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltilicious
    Ditto this suggestion too!

Those are beautiful. I love the septa tones to the pics. I agree pick up the red and use it for the borders. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast