Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I DID IT, I DID IT!!  PP!! >

I DID IT, I DID IT!! PP!!

I DID IT, I DID IT!! PP!!

Old 04-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by blahel
very nice... pping is on my to do list too as want to do a new york beauty one day. I only have one more baby blanket quillow to finish off and a quillow for my mum then i am going to give it a go too..i think i will do what you did and print off those great instructions that someone posted as those instructions made me feel brave enough to attempt it myself..you might want to make yourself a blanket out of those as it will be mid winter in Perth when you go!
What do I need a quilt for in Perth? I'll have hubby to keep me warm.
Oh, nevermind....yes, you are right, I need to bring a quilt!
Old 04-06-2008, 10:56 PM

tlrnhi, those are pretty - love the colors!

You said your walls are made of cement. Do you think that helps the place stay cooler?
Old 04-07-2008, 01:48 AM

No, this place (Guam) is ALWAYS hot.
The house that we rent is not energy efficient in any way, shape or form.
I do have a/c units in every room, but with the cost of electricity here, I TRY not to use them as much as possible. It's not really the cost of the electric, it's the Recovery Fuel Charge that they charge us. Whatever that is for. Your electric could be $100, but the FRC is $300, so electric bills are always at least $300-$400/month. I don't know how some people do it. We get a stipen from the military to help with utilities, so we are good on that.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:05 AM

Ugh, i hate being hot! I loved the University I went to in Hawaii, and fortunately we had the trade winds to help. The best bed in the room was the one next to the window, and with the door open, that helped. I had my own fan that helped a little.

I guess it was good the bedrooms were not air-conditioned because the library and classrooms sure felt nice! :-)

We're sort of spoiled here in this part of California, though I still think it gets too hot. I try not to think of having to move out of the area and not being able to afford air conditioning or heating.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Celeste
Ugh, i hate being hot! I loved the University I went to in Hawaii, and fortunately we had the trade winds to help. The best bed in the room was the one next to the window, and with the door open, that helped. I had my own fan that helped a little.

I guess it was good the bedrooms were not air-conditioned because the library and classrooms sure felt nice! :-)

We're sort of spoiled here in this part of California, though I still think it gets too hot. I try not to think of having to move out of the area and not being able to afford air conditioning or heating.
While in Hawaii, I didn't run the a/c that much due to the trade winds, but boy, oh boy, when they went away.....UGH!