Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did not my machine did that! >

I did not my machine did that!

I did not my machine did that!

Old 03-16-2016, 03:06 AM

After paying a service call for my relatively new dishwasher, the repairman said " you really could have done that yourself". Well I dug out the manual and discovered all kinds of things about it. Then I went on to other appliances and "Oh the things I have learned". Gonna try and do this to sewing machines next. I guess our brains can only absorb so much at one time.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:16 AM

I have had my janome 6600 for 4 years be fire I finally got my Manuel out to see how to make my quilt lablels and it is soooooooo easy. Why do we get this stuff and start doing what we only know how to do instead of playing for a bit. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄but glad I'm not the only one.
Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 PM

You put your manual away??? I could never do that. I have to look at mine each time I need to change stitch, fabric, thread, etc. Mine actually lives under the extension table of my machine, so it is near at hand for those "I forgot how to..." moments.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:35 PM

I have had a part in my sewing box, (the one that is attached to the machine)that I assumed was part of the buttonholer, nope, it's a quilting bar. I have had the machine since 2011! Also learned that the darning foot is also a FMQ foot.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:19 PM

Daughter bought me a Brother Long arm Treadle that I can not find a manual for anywhere! Also it needs a Bobbin Case & the bobbins to go with said case! My searches so far Have been fertile. She is so proud to have bought this for me, that I feel terrible that I can't find the bobbin case & extra bobbins for it. If anyone has any ideas of where to search, I will be eternally grateful!!! I hope I haven't offended anyone or the board in any what by asking for y'alls help with this. I have received a warning last week from the board for what I'm not sure, so now I'm afraid to post any time of help I need. I need the expertise help from a manual for my machine and from you good knowledgeable Quilt Board people and of course the people of this Board. Thank You each and everyone!!!
Old 03-17-2016, 04:43 AM

The manual that came with my Brother Pc420 is over a hundred pages and reading it is like taking a sewing class. When I first got the machine 4 years ago I spent about 4 hours reading it and learned a lot. Very handy since I got my machine off of Amazon instead of going through a local dealer. I keep the manual right beside my machine for quick reference.
What a change from the pamphlet sized manual that came with my first machine LOL!

Rob
Old 03-22-2016, 09:21 AM

I found the manual for this machine way in the back of the drawer however it is in some type of Asian language so I'm now searching for an English version.