Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't understand if I can import & modify emb files in EQStitch >

I don't understand if I can import & modify emb files in EQStitch

I don't understand if I can import & modify emb files in EQStitch

Old 06-14-2014, 01:51 PM

Default I don't understand if I can import & modify emb files in EQStitch

Please help! I have a new Janome embroidery machine (15000) with a hoop for quilting. The hoop is ~8 x 8 and my quilt has blocks that are 10 x 10. I hope I can use two runs -- one squaring up on upper left and another run quilting the block squaring up with the bottom right. That will require that I modify any embroidery file for it to look right.

I purchased EQStitch, but I can't figure out how to import an embroidery file into it so that I can modify it. I'm still on the learning curve (huge).

I see a few quilt designs in EQSTITCH for quilting, but not many and none that will work with my quilt.

Any ideas or assistance is very appreciated.
Old 06-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

No, EQStitch is not designed to modify your existing embroidery files. You can design and digitize your own embroidery designs with it.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:57 PM

Thanks, Dunster! Sew much to learn, sew little time! I really appreciate the quick response
Old 06-14-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sheri.a View Post
Please help! I have a new Janome embroidery machine (15000) with a hoop for quilting. The hoop is ~8 x 8 and my quilt has blocks that are 10 x 10. I hope I can use two runs -- one squaring up on upper left and another run quilting the block squaring up with the bottom right. That will require that I modify any embroidery file for it to look right.

I purchased EQStitch, but I can't figure out how to import an embroidery file into it so that I can modify it. I'm still on the learning curve (huge).

I see a few quilt designs in EQSTITCH for quilting, but not many and none that will work with my quilt.

Any ideas or assistance is very appreciated.
I use Embird for editing embroidery files. Mostly for adding thread color changes so I get a jump stitch in a pattern. It has a way to split an embroidery file, but I don't know enough to help anyone do it. I have, also, resized the files, mostly on PES files.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 PM

You can resize in a free program called Wilcom True Sizer. They have several versions, one of which is free.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:16 AM
Power Poster

Don't ever hesitate to send an email to technical support of EQ. They are very friendly and willing to help.