Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I finally stumbled across a great deal.

I finally stumbled across a great deal.

I am working in a fabric store where I get to feed my addition of fondling the fabric. It all started with a phone call from a gentleman asking if we knew how he would go about giving his deceased wife's sewing supplies away. He also had a cutting table. I told him that is he brought the stuff in I would give it to the ladies in town who do charity quilts (they are an arm of our guild). I told him I might be interested in the cutting table if he brought me a picture. So a couple of days later he showed up at the store with the sewing supplies and pictures of the cutting table. Most of the sewing stuff was dress makers supplies which I gave to another girl that works with me and I gave all the good thread to the group that does charity quilts. I ended up with a very nice folding cutting table with four drawers. I wanted to pay him for the table so he told me 20.00 which I happily gave to him. Now to reoganize my sewing area, AGAIN.

Good deal! And I'm sure the girl that makes clothing and the charity quilt group appreciated the notions and thread.

Blog Entries
    hooray for your acquisition
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    well i'm sorry to hear he lost his wife but am glad he called you to see about giving it away to people who would use her things. Good for him.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    That was nice of you to parcel everything out and pay for the table. You probably made that man feel good about what he did with his wife's sewing items. At least he knew better than to give it to Goodwill or throw it away. Good man. His wife taught him well.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"