Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found a $20.00 bill >

I found a $20.00 bill

I found a $20.00 bill

Old 06-02-2016, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Usually the only place I find money is in the washer from hubby's pockets. LOL! I have a good sized clear glass top hat in there I keep them all in waiting for me to snatch them when I go shopping or want to stop the ice cream man.

Hubby on the other hand has found lots of paper bills. He is just lucky that way. A few week ago he found a twenty in the evergreens out to the side of the house. I tried to tell him I lost it, but, he wouldn't believe me.

Oh once I found a fifty in a garage sale desk I bought. It was way up in the back of the drawer slide, I took it back to them. They didn't look as though they could afford to just give money away.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-02-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Power Poster

That was so nice of you I've done the same only it was a card. My nephew was walking behind a gal going into a store and a zipper to her purse was open with small change falling out. NOt much. He ran up to her and told her. She zipped up her purse better and told him hecould have it. He was able to get his favorite candy bar.
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Usually the only place I find money is in the washer from hubby's pockets. LOL! I have a good sized clear glass top hat in there I keep them all in waiting for me to snatch them when I go shopping or want to stop the ice cream man.

Hubby on the other hand has found lots of paper bills. He is just lucky that way. A few week ago he found a twenty in the evergreens out to the side of the house. I tried to tell him I lost it, but, he wouldn't believe me.

Oh once I found a fifty in a garage sale desk I bought. It was way up in the back of the drawer slide, I took it back to them. They didn't look as though they could afford to just give money away.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:35 PM

I found a 20 once blowing across a parking lot! just in time I needed gas and did not have the money that day! WE have found half a piggy bank full of change since my mom passed away so pennies from Heaven it is and we had that printed on the back of her memorial service bulletin. I still smile if I find a penny.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:38 PM

[h=1]Pennies from Heaven[/h]
Submitted By: Beverly FaithI found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels tossed them down
Oh, how I loved that story!

He said when an Angel misses you
They toss a penny down,
sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of your frown.

So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.
<cite style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; display: block; color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: 'open sans', arial, helvetica, verdana; line-height: 19px; text-align: center;"> Author: Copyright © 1998 C Mashburn</cite>
Old 06-03-2016, 02:50 AM

I also love to find money. In the year 2007, my family gave me money , several 20's. I place it in my drawer flat against the front side. The next day my son died in an accident, and I forgot about the money. Years later I found it, and I was so excited. My belated birthday.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 AM

My question too..what were you not to post a picture of?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:46 AM

I have found money.
A ten dollar bill on the floor in a dressing room.
A ten dollar bill on the ground at a carnival.
A fifty dollar bill on the ground in a mall parking lot.
I figured if they couldn't take better care of their money, they deserve to lose it.
I took it to church and hope the church can use it to make lives better.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:05 AM

I find bills pretty often. Just this spring I found a 20 in the back yard. I guess it had blown there in a wind storm. I found a woman's diamond ring in the Rocky Mountains in the tundra.
I guess I just look down at the ground a lot. A benefit of wearing bifocals, haha.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:22 AM

there are two different patterns for this wreath? I seen only the one would love to find out more about the other google is no help lol
Old 06-03-2016, 07:27 AM

What a great find! You never know what you will find when out & about.

I walk my dog 3x per day....she is now 9 years old, so if you do the math, that is a lot of covered ground! My 3 most memorable finds from these walks (I usually try to vary my walk on every trip): 1) a $50 bill, 2) a Trek road bike, in a wooded area, which looked like it had been neglected for quite some time but was an expensive bike (I did my due diligence by putting up notices in bike shops in the area, contacted the police, sent Trek an e-mail, put an ad in Craigslist and researched Lost & Found Bike websites, all to no avail...after putting in some elbow grease & new parts I love this bike and use it often), and 3) a dying kitten found in a pile of leaves on the side of the road . (It looked like she had gotten swept down the road in a wave of water and ended up in the pile of leaves at the bottom. I picked her up and put her in my coat and brought her to the vet..who could not save her. She was surrounded by love and warm hands for her trip over the Rainbow Bridge.