Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found a fabric I like but... >

I found a fabric I like but...

I found a fabric I like but...

Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 AM

I have been looking for a specific fabric for over a year. I found the newest release of the fabric line last week in my Hancocks catalog. I called immediately, and was told the original shipment is already sold out, but they are receiving another shipment in July. Bottom line-if you see it, and need it or want it-buy it.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM

Don't wait. Once it's gone, it's gone....
Old 05-18-2011, 12:52 PM

I agree, if I really like a piece of fabric I see I buy 3-4 yards....sometimes I do have difficulty matching it with other materials later on, but I am very patient...I just keep looking !!!
I also agree that if you see it, buy it, more times have I thought I shouldn't buy anymore material or I have spent too much already that day, and pass something by. It is usually gone once I have convinced myself that I can live without it!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 01:32 PM

Our lqs orders only 15 yards of any one bolt no more, and last time the owner said she talked the fabric co. into letting her buy only 10 yards. When I order on-line at wholeslae they make you buy 15 yards of one design.So when you see something you like you better buy it.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 PM

I always buy at least 5 yds. if I really like it I will buy more. It helps to build my stash. :mrgreen:
Old 05-18-2011, 03:34 PM

No way would I buy a yard or 2 or 3 if I don't know what I am going to make. Thats how every one ends up with these stashes so big, they need another room to hold it all. drives me right up a wall!!! I don't want to compete with JoAnnes. I find when I leave a materia I like, tomorrow I can't even remember what it looks like. There is always new fabric to take the place of the one I thought I couldn't live with out.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by EagarBeez
I bought some fabric, and found other that I would care to buy. I am not exactly sure how I want to design the quilt. DH says I should wait until I am sure what I want to do and then get the fabric. I was wondering how long places carry fabric?? Until it runs out??
If I see fabric I like I buy it cause sure as when I decide I'd want it if I had not bought it would be gone. I most times have no clue what I'll do with it but once I buy it I quickly design something with it.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
If you see it, like it - buy it! If you REALLY like ti! buy 3 - 4 yards or more. Even if you don't have a pattern in mind, someday you will. That is how "Stash" is born! Love it!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Your husband needs a hobby like my husband's....fly fishing and fly tying. If you ask my husband how many fly rods does he need, his immediate response is 'just one more'. Plus, because he does tie his own flies and dyes a lot of his own materials, my freezer is full of parts of hides and feathers for someday. He doesn't dare say a word about my stash...LOL

psssst.....I'm glad you're buying it. :)
Old 05-18-2011, 05:19 PM

Please don't ever put off buying fabric. It is gone so quickly and you will always be unhappy with yourself. Thats what stashs are for.