Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found an old treadle machine...... >

I found an old treadle machine......

I found an old treadle machine......

Old 09-16-2011, 04:57 AM

That is the same sewing machine that I found. When I went to relook at it last night I decided to think about it some more as it may not be worth restoreing it. Everything is froze up and the metal is pitted really bad and no bobin cases. The wood vanier is bubbled up really bad and it has mold on it and smells badly. Must have been in a wet basement. The only thing going for it is the decals are in so so shape. I am really tempted to buy it but my hubby thinks other wise. What would you do?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:26 AM

mine came with bobbin cases, the wood is in fairly decent shape, my DH is a machinery whizz and he looked at it and decided soaking it in WD40 (lubricating oil) would free it all up. but if the table isn't in good shape i'd probably look around. Think I paid about 35$ for mine
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
That is the same sewing machine that I found. When I went to relook at it last night I decided to think about it some more as it may not be worth restoreing it. Everything is froze up and the metal is pitted really bad and no bobin cases. The wood vanier is bubbled up really bad and it has mold on it and smells badly. Must have been in a wet basement. The only thing going for it is the decals are in so so shape. I am really tempted to buy it but my hubby thinks other wise. What would you do?
There is too much wrong with this machine. I would not buy it, and would not want to take the moldy case into my garage or home Millions of these machines were made, and lots of them are in excellent shape, selling for very reasonable prices.