Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I found a Singer Treadle........

Blog Entries
    .....in my own house!

Several years ago a niece moved away from home and she had this machine she didn't want to take with her. So, since "I sew", she gave it to me. I gave it a quick look and moved it to the hallway thinking the whole time that I'd probably never use it for anything more than a table. After all, I already have to beautiful Janome's and a 15-91. After being here on the board for a while my curiosity got the best of me. I went out to the ranch the other day just to look that treadle over again and low and behold it's a Singer! It was too dark to be able to read the model number on it but I will get that the next time I go out there.

Now I'm starting to wonder what that treadle out in the old garage is! I think you all have me hooked, LOL!!

Blog Entries
    Please post pics when you can - many of us like to see these treasures!

Blog Entries
    oh my hurry and go see what they are and take pictures of them

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    .....in my own house!

Several years ago a niece moved away from home and she had this machine she didn't want to take with her. So, since "I sew", she gave it to me. I gave it a quick look and moved it to the hallway thinking the whole time that I'd probably never use it for anything more than a table. After all, I already have to beautiful Janome's and a 15-91. After being here on the board for a while my curiosity got the best of me. I went out to the ranch the other day just to look that treadle over again and low and behold it's a Singer! It was too dark to be able to read the model number on it but I will get that the next time I go out there.

Now I'm starting to wonder what that treadle out in the old garage is! I think you all have me hooked, LOL!!

Can't wait to hear and see what you have. Congratulations!

Blog Entries
    You have a treasure! Do you know the history of the machines? I can't wait to see your pictures.

I do believe you've been bitten by the 'vintage singer bug' Don't worry, the bite is not fatal, but it can make you itch for more and more vintage singers! LOL

[quote=craftybear]oh my hurry and go see what they are and take pictures of them

Ditto

There where?

I think you need to have a moving crew locate them a place in your house. LOL

Oh yes! Post pictures!!!