Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got to sew with the Bernina 830!

Blog Entries
    Well, really it was more like watching this Bernina sew for me. It is an amazing machine. The bobbin case come out automatically, you don't have to reach in and get it. It knots and hides the ends of stitching, it threads the needle for you, this is just a few of the WOWS! I can't remember them all. I watched it machine quilt a big feather design about 12" square, all I did was push a button. It's like the Statler Stitcher only mini size. With purchase you get the choice of LA frame or sewing table. One thing I did not like was the excess vibration it seemed to have. The machine was properly fitted to the Bernina sewing table but the excess shaking seems to me would cause something to come loose eventually. It is certainly one great machine and I congratulate anyone that has one!

Do you know the price on that there CADALIAC? :wink:

I think it is about $12,000. Think it is more like a Mercedes!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    WOW Bella - you lucky thing! You wouldn't expect it to shake like that though, would you? Maybe it was trying to take off! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    I think it is about $12,000. Think it is more like a Mercedes!

I think you're right beachlady, I guess I'll just keep my little compact,(singer) It's paid for! :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Oh, it's come down in price to almost $11,000. :shock: You get either the quilting frame or the sewing table with it. To buy both the frame and table add another $2100. It's a fantastic machine but I don't have the desire to buy one or to obsess about having one. I think it's amazing how much the simple sewing machine has changed.

Gee, if it is only $11,000, I might buy it - the $12,000 price tage was putting me off.

Gee, if it is only $11,000, I might buy it - the $12,000 price tage was putting me off.
    Same here. :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    It would have to come down to $1000 for me, but them I am extremely lucky, because I have the 730E (the previous top of the range). If I had the $12,000, I would opt for a Long Arm, and keep my 730, as I am still finding different things on that. Sighhhhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Oh thanks! I was in the middle of a drink when I read your response. Nearly shot water out my nose. :roll:

When I bought my Pfaff, I nearly had a stroke because I had to finance the $1300.00 price tag. I think I'll stick ol' Pfee-Pfee -- she's paid for and does a lot more than I know what to do with.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast