Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I guess I knew I would do this sooner or later... >

I guess I knew I would do this sooner or later...

I guess I knew I would do this sooner or later...

Old 06-17-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lyncat
Here's my question...can the Olfa ergonomic cutter be flipped to make it "lefty" friendly? I use a Fiskars because the blade can go on either side. I try to push that little orange button every time I put it down! lol
Yes it can. You should get it :)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:27 PM

gennie6, I envy you (even with a cut)...I can't work mine...it's not me, it must be something wrong with the rotary cutter:-)
Old 06-17-2010, 09:31 PM

katier825, one day I'll read a post and know everything that is talked about...for now, what is an "ergonomic" anything? Duh!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by eightylady
katier825, one day I'll read a post and know everything that is talked about...for now, what is an "ergonomic" anything? Duh!
An ergonomic has been added to a lot of sewing plus other tools. It is a grip, that is built into the instrument, that makes holding and using it more comfortable. It started out for people with arthritis in the hands and now is being used by everyone else. I have a crochet handle that is ergonomic and a seam ripper that is ergonomic. Lots easier to use especially for long periods of time.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise
I did something TOTALLY STUPID the other day. I was cutting fabric with my rotary cutter, and set the cutter down on the table for a second to adjust the fabric. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something about to fall off the table, and instinctively reached out to grab it. I guess it didn't dawn on me that it was the still-open rotary cutter. DUH. :roll:

Luckily the cuts weren't too bad (the blade wasn't brand new-whew!), but one of them sure bled a lot. I really had to hold pressure on it to get it to stop. :shock:

Then I put some stuff called "New Skin" on it. The "New Skin" forms a "liquid bandage" that helps close up the cut and protects it from bumps and dirt. If you don't already have some, I HIGHLY recommend it. It sometimes stings like crazy while it's drying, but after that, you're good to go. :thumbup:

(No affiliation with "New Skin"! ;-) )
i keep a bottle of this in my sewing room & a bottle @ work for the deep paper cuts you get off of manila folders....love the stuff... dh got if for my christmas stocking one year & now its in there every year.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:09 AM

I had to make a trip to the emergency room last year. Got a little more than a nck and was almost $400 less in my pocket (or maybe it was $300) either way it was a lot of money I could have spent on fabric or eating out! :)
Old 07-05-2010, 08:58 AM

Happens to me all the time....because I usually forget to cover the blade