Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have 3 coordinating fabrics- any suggestions on a pattern?

Awhile back I bought 3 yds. maybe even 4 yds. each of 3 different coordinating fabrics- browns and bluish aqua. They are all 3 prints- varying sizes, if I remember correctly. I don't mind buying something else to work into it, but I'm looking for suggestions on a pattern. It doesn't have to be super easy but not ready for ultra complicated yet either. I'll be making it QS.

So far, I've made 1 framed 9P, 1 QAYG 9P, 1 D9P, 1 square in a square, and 2 sq. in sq. 2 from quilters cache. I made 1 sq of some sort of star, but that was only for practice.

I'm hoping for some ideas for this quilting novice. Been sewing all my life but newbie when it comes to quilting (in the last year, anyway.) Thanks!

Can you snap a pic? I wanna see what you're working with! :D

I'm a visual person - need picture to get this brain thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Can you snap a pic? I wanna see what you're working with! :D
    Ooh- I'm sorry. I'm on vacation in FL and my fabric is at home. I didn't even think of that before posting this question. Sorry.

I did bring my portable machine with me and a project- just not that one. If no one answers, I'll just ask again next week when we get home. :-D

it is really hard to make a suggestion with out pics of the fabric. mostly because what might look fab in one fabric would look differently in another. we just let the fabric speak to us when making quilts. I know we all sound like we are two blocks short of a full quilt. but it is true. well at least for me. can't wait to see the fabrics you have picked out.

Depending on your fabric the warm wishes quilt might work. It's easy but with the right fabrics can be stunning.
    It's usually done in four fabrics.
    http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=5185_
    :-D

Go to Quilterscache.com and look through all of those free patterns. You will get some great ideas there!

Fabric Cafe has a bunch of 3 color quilt kits - great ideas, maybe this will help inspire:
    http://www.fabriccafe.com/cgi-bin/co...&category=KITS