Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a BOM question... >

I have a BOM question...

I have a BOM question...

Old 06-02-2008, 06:12 AM

I noticed it says that blocks are posted twice a month...I guess I need to catch up and make the ones that I missed since I just joined the board right?...after all the blocks are made then we assemble it together into a quilt at the end of the year is that right?...I am so new to all this but I have to say you guys are making it so easy to follow the directions of quilt making I really like that....each step is so informative...
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 AM

welcome Granny cat, you can pick and choose or do them all. When we started it we were so excited to choose we could hardly wait our turn and besides 4 weeks is a long time to wait so we decided to do it twice a month. Some have already made enough for a quilt and started another. We sure have lots of fun, glad you joined us.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:46 AM

I started in May, so I have three blocks made now. I think I'll just keep going from there and not go back to the ones I missed. I think everyone is at different stages in the amount of blocks they have made, right?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the help I tend to be a all or nothing so I think a better approach for me is to start with this month and leave well enough alone after all I am a beginer quilter...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 PM

:lol: Well, Granny Cat as you get experiance (can't spell) and caught up and find you want more you can always go back to look at the pictures. Then decide if there are any you wish to do. With the many different kind they help you learn all sorts of techniques. Enjoy
Old 06-02-2008, 03:50 PM

when your doing a BOM do you tend to stay in the same color sheme so when your putting the quilt together it matches or is it a hodge podge of designs and colors?I have a book I got several years ago and it's themed for Christmas so the BOM is all cordinated to be Christamas colors and themes...when I get better at this quilting thing I really plan to do it.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Yvonne did one in all shades of pink. It came out so pretty. I saw under a couple of the BOM threads as she was making the blocks for it.