Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have a BOM question...

I noticed it says that blocks are posted twice a month...I guess I need to catch up and make the ones that I missed since I just joined the board right?...after all the blocks are made then we assemble it together into a quilt at the end of the year is that right?...I am so new to all this but I have to say you guys are making it so easy to follow the directions of quilt making I really like that....each step is so informative...

welcome Granny cat, you can pick and choose or do them all. When we started it we were so excited to choose we could hardly wait our turn and besides 4 weeks is a long time to wait so we decided to do it twice a month. Some have already made enough for a quilt and started another. We sure have lots of fun, glad you joined us.

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    I started in May, so I have three blocks made now. I think I'll just keep going from there and not go back to the ones I missed. I think everyone is at different stages in the amount of blocks they have made, right?

Thanks for the help I tend to be a all or nothing so I think a better approach for me is to start with this month and leave well enough alone after all I am a beginer quilter...

:lol: Well, Granny Cat as you get experiance (can't spell) and caught up and find you want more you can always go back to look at the pictures. Then decide if there are any you wish to do. With the many different kind they help you learn all sorts of techniques. Enjoy

when your doing a BOM do you tend to stay in the same color sheme so when your putting the quilt together it matches or is it a hodge podge of designs and colors?I have a book I got several years ago and it's themed for Christmas so the BOM is all cordinated to be Christamas colors and themes...when I get better at this quilting thing I really plan to do it.

Yvonne did one in all shades of pink. It came out so pretty. I saw under a couple of the BOM threads as she was making the blocks for it.