Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I have a chance to buy a 5 ish year old PFAFF Quilter 1200

Blog Entries
    mid arm machine and (not sure of the brand) frame. Anybody have one? pro's/con's ??? I am gonna have to get rid of the sofa sleeper in my sewing room but think it will be worth it. We hardly EVER have company anyway! Comments, please !!!!

I don't have a long arm. But I did put a Murphy bed in my sewing room. It is nice to have the space for my machines.

I have the Pfaff mid arm Grand Quilter and I love it. My grandson, now 13, has been quilting on it since I got it 4 years ago. It is on a metal Grace frame.

I have one, which I will be selling soon. It works great for a beginning frame setup. The only reason I'll be selling, is I purchased a larger Tin Lizzie setup for quilting.

This is a very nice machine to use and since it is a straight stitch only machine there isn't much that can wrong with it. I would suggest that you ask to sew a little on it to make sure it doesn't have any tension issues. I have had one for a little over a year and do mostly simple meandering quilting, but I can whip off a lap or crib quilt in an afternoon unless something shiny catches my eye :)
    I am sure that someday I will want a machine with more throat space but the Pfaff certainly is easier than wrestling it through my smaller machines.

Blog Entries
    Anybody have any idea of what this machine should cost? Is there a "blue book" for sewing machines??? I know the lady paid $1800 for it abt 5 years ago. Was brand new then..

My machine and frame were about $3500CAD ($1200 for the machine and $2300 for the frame) I think at 5 years old something around 1/2 of new cost is reasonable, but that is just my thoughts.

I just purchased a used grand quilter and waiting for my grace frame to arrive. Will be my first experience with a frame so a little nervous and a lot excited! For now I'm using grand quilter and loving it. Any advice about frame and machine? Thanks.

I paid $499 for the refurbished grand quilter.
    Last edited by dianna1234; 12-05-2011 at 09:03 PM.

I have the same set up and really like it. I ended up putting cloth leaders on it and like it even more!
    I paid about $3200 for it 4 years ago.
    Karen in CA
    Babylock Ellisimo, Babylock Enlighten Serger, Janome 6600, Janome 760 for travel