Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i have a question about the new bobbin winder please

i need to know if it will wind the plastic bobbins i would appreceite it thanks dorothy from tenn

if you are talking about the portable bobbin side winder, then YES! I did both metal and plastic and it worked fine on both of them.

It won't wind Viking Designer 2 bobbins. I bought one thinking this would be so great and it wouldn't do it. It works for my Kenmore though. You can't have everything I quess! Jan

Blog Entries
    I just read an ad for the sidewinder and it said it would not work for certain brands, my Singer Futura was one of them. I do not remember what the other ones were though. If you called a shop that carries them, maybe it would be listed on the box.

I bought one and it says nothing on the box or the instructions inside about any machines. Wish it would have. The machine I use the most it doesn't work on. They said I could return it but you know how we love all those little goodies. Ha! Jan

Blog Entries
    I did a search on what bobbins won't work and here is one result. I was wondering if Futura's were on the list because they all use plastic bobbins?

http://www.checkernewsletter.com/?p=261

I was looking at them in Joanns and they had a little sign under them no coupons :D

It doesn't work with my viking bobbins,however I can use it for my featherweight, so it wasn't a complete waste. I still don't see the need of one though, when your bobbin runs out you have to unthread your machine or have an extra one handy. so you might as well wind it on machine.
    it is just another cute little must have.

So glad you brought this up, I just got one this week for my birthday. I haven't tried it yet...but I am going to have to go check it out now, just in case it doesn't work and I have to return it. I hope not! I was so excited to get it! :)

I have a Viking Lily and it uses the same bobbins as the DesignerI and i don't have any problems winding them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast