Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a question on purses????? Need Help Quick!!!

Super Member HummerGardenCrafts's Avatar
    I have been using plastic canvas in the bottom of my purses to help make it sturdy. I ran out and can't find what I have here somewhere. My question is, what else can I use for this??? I need to get these finished.

I got one from a friend. She used cardboard. I don't want to use that. I knew what would happen when I washed it. I washed it Sat. and it happened. That cardboard misshaped and went into a ball. I got it out. So I'll fix another insert for that one also.

I hate driving an hour just for some plastic canvas. Hopefully I can find it. It's in a tote somewhere. But thought maybe there was something else I could use or buy later that might be better than plastic canvas.

This is what I need it for!
    Name:  Attachment-273824.jpe
Views: 64
Size:  68.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

some have used the cheap cutting boards from the $2.00 shop. they just cut them down to size I think you would need a saw to cut them.

Blog Entries
    I can't help you with items to permanently sew in.
    I have always made a sleeve to put matboard in. i remove it to wash ofcourse.

I may have to start doing that and just use a thick cardboard. And tell them not to wash that part. I've got to get these done. I have several more things to get done before Christmas.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    thanks for the link. I only just thought of something my DH bought. we went to an auction and they had some foam board, not what I would really call foam more like plastic about 1/4" thick and 7- 8 feet square trouble is we had to buy the whole pallet of 50 sheets worked out to about $8.00 per sheet. we used some to mount my pictures on, easy to cut on a bench saw. I had thought of using some for the table tops in the cattery as the wood has started to rot but now Wow I have an endless supply of tote bag bases.

you could use timtex or fast to fuse as that is washable. Got any template plastic? round the corners off?

Or some pelmet viline a couple of layers bonded together could also work.

Have you got a plastic cover on a file folder that is about the right weight?

Bekcs

In a pinch I've used a couple of layers of plastic placemats. I mean PINCH.

I have used foam board from the Dollar Tree. I always make a sleeve to it can be removed and I also don't sew the ends closed on the sleeve so that the actual sleeve can be washed.

mltquilt

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieC
    In a pinch I've used a couple of layers of plastic placemats. I mean PINCH.
    I thought about that. I had a couple in my craft supply room. I may end up having to do something like that.

I don't know about everyone else, but boy Christmas is creeping up too fast. I have lots to do before that time comes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast