Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I was impulsive and bought.....

I bought 2 charm packs on ebay. They were just so pretty...they were calling my name, I swear they were!! :wink: And I think they were a pretty good price, but now I'm not sure what to do with them. I am sure I will have to add fabric to them, but I'm not sure what to do with them. Have you ever bought on impulse??? LOL! What do you think I should make?

Blog Entries
    I thought buying on impulse is a part of the characteristics of a quilter. I don't think many of us can say we have never bought on impulse.

It is a habit of mine, I had a hard time not checking the Missouri Star Quilt deal of the day, but couldn't figure out what to do with all those charm packs I was buying. I bought a pattern for table runners that calls for charm packs.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I turned my impulse charm packs into a bow tie quilt from the Moda Bake Shop. It was super easy.

Next, I turned some great 30's reproduction charms that I bought of E-bay into Dresden Plates. They worked so good I had to buy more 30's prints from McQuilter so I could make it bigger.

Charms are fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    I turned my impulse charm packs into a bow tie quilt from the Moda Bake Shop. It was super easy.

Next, I turned some great 30's reproduction charms that I bought of E-bay into Dresden Plates. They worked so good I had to buy more 30's prints from McQuilter so I could make it bigger.

Charms are fun!
    I just looked up that bow tie quilt. How cute is that!! I ran off the directions and it's on my to-do list! Thanks for the idea!

I know when I buy on ebay I am paying, but when the package comes it still feels like a prize!!