Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I just bought a Gingher rotary blade and it's the bomb!!!

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries

I just bought a Gingher rotary blade and it's the bomb!!!

My LQS owner owns a Gingher rotary cutter and cut a layer cake into 5" squares for me in less than 2 minutes. She told me to forget the cutter but to buy the blade. So I did. I love it. I can cut so many layers of fabric with it. I think it cost $12. I absolutely love it. She said she's used the same one for 9 months at her store. Awesome!!!!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

that's interesting. I have the Gingher rotary cutter and I really like the look of the black blades so I bought some refills with a coupon but I didn't feel like they lasted any longer than any others. I switched back to the generic ones after I used up the ones I had.

Which rotary cutter do you use? I know that sometimes blades aren't interchangeable. For 9 months worth of use - I would buy one of those!!! I have an Olfa cutter - and it seems it doesn't like other blades.
    Dawn

I love, love, love Gingher blades!! I don't think I'd pay full price for the handle but I got it at Jo-Ann's when they were on sale for 50% off. I didn't think I'd like the weight of it but I love it too. And I really, really love the no touching blade changing system.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I have the 45mm Olfa cutter. It fits perfectly. And the blade isn't black. It's silver. It says Gingher on it. The rotary cutter is $79. It is very comfortable, but not $79 comfortable. Yet anyway. But the blade is truly awesome. Unbelievable. Worth $12 easily. I would have paid $20.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    I have the 45mm Olfa cutter. It fits perfectly. And the blade isn't black. It's silver. It says Gingher on it. The rotary cutter is $79. It is very comfortable, but not $79 comfortable. Yet anyway. But the blade is truly awesome. Unbelievable. Worth $12 easily. I would have paid $20.
    Sounds like a good use for my 50% off coupon - would love to try it! I have a 45 mm Olfa cutter too, so glad to know it works. :-)
    Dawn

Love the cutter and the blades. They do last longer than the Olga's to me. Cut like butter

Quote Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
    You can get the cutters on eBay for cheap payed about 30 for mine

Power Poster
    I bought one - and was very disappointed with it. I went back to my Olfas.

I bought the Gingher quilter’s gift set which has a seam ripper and rotary cutter. The seam ripper’s tip was too big to slip under individual stitches. The rotary cutter has a silver blade and is very sharp, but the Olfa fits my hand better.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast