Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I just bought a new machine: Juki TL98Q

The speed and the auto thread cutter are my favorite things so far, too.
    I did already a little trial of the strings pattern...
    It's not yet ironed, but it's my first stitches with this machine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I forgot about the thread cutter on the foot pedal!!! I had to disconnect mine from the machine. My quilt inspector(Tink) thinks that the red pedal for the cutter was a target for her to sit on........ I was sewing and the thread kept cutting. I kept hearing that cutting sound and looking at the machine and kept sewing and couldn't figure it out until I wasn't stitching anymore and the noise continued. Tink's Butt was attached to the pedal and she just sat there smiling at me........

I can understand your excitement. I felt the same way. Isn't it the greatest to sew on. I still haven't got the nerve to get to top speed on mine. It moves sooooooo fast.

How exciting! CONGRATS!! You will have to keep us posted on your new baby over there!! I'm excited for you!!LOL For all of you out there w/this Juki...what is the throat space? Thanks Skeat

Skip the threader. I have yet to find one that really works. It is just faster to thread that needle the old fashioned way. I am 60 and can still do this. If you have trouble threading any machine; a piece of white paper behind the needle will help. My throat space is 7 X 9. I did not get the thread cutter....for $100 I will cut my own thread and spent the $100 on FABRIC. My Bernina 640 (sold it a couple of months ago) had a thread cutter. Every time I used it I had to re-thread the machine becasue it cut the thread too short. They never could get that problem fixed.
    Connie1948

I have one also...just love it! I find that I do most of my sewing with it even though I have a Janome I could use. The only thing I could wish for with it is a zigzag stitch [well a stitch regulator would be nice but I haven't found one for it yet] :wink: I even used it when I made my 'Greats' [Great-Granddaughters] flower girl dresses last year.

I also recovered a chair and used the Juki to sew the fabric. I was a bit worried that I might mess up the tension, but no, right back to work with piecing- no problem at all!

just love this machine!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3