Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just cracked my cutting mat! >

I just cracked my cutting mat!

I just cracked my cutting mat!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:53 PM

I had to look it up, because I was curious. I Hadn't heard anything about warranty for Olfa products (and haven't had to use it to date either)

I enlarged and bolded the (usually) small print.

Unfortunately, no life time warranty on the mats. I can see why though. You can cut it with a box cutter and destroy it.

http://www.olfa.com/CustomerServiceGuarantee.aspx

Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy OLFA cutter & non-disposable scraper handles, locking mechanisms, and 9mm standard duty blades, 18mm heavy duty blades, 25mm extra-heavy duty blades, safety and trapezoid-shaped blades and scraper blades are subject to the World Kitchen d/b/a/ OLFA - North America satisfaction guaranteed or replacement policy.*
If at any time you are dissatisfied with these “Satisfaction Guaranteed” products, World Kitchen d/b/a/ OLFA - North America will provide an equally valued replacement. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery of replacement product. Should you be dissatisfied with any such product, please keep it. You may be asked to return it. Direct all inquiries to:

OLFA Replacements
OLFA – North America
1200 S. Antrim Way
Greencastle, PA 17225
1-800-962- OLFA (6532) - phone

Hours:

Mon-Thu 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. ET

* This Policy does not apply to OLFA TouchKnifeŽ, OLFA scissors, OLFA mats, OLFA rulers, disposable OLFA multi-purpose scrapers, all styles and models of 18mm, 28mm, 45mm, 60mm, rotary cutter replacement blades, and all styles and models of “KB” art knife replacement blades.

Last edited by ArchaicArcane; 06-22-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Link
Old 06-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

I had a brand new Olfa mat that started to peel. The green surface was coming off in strips leaving a solid white mat underneath. I took pictures and posted them on the board. Olfa customer service said I was cutting too hard. LOL. Ofla did send me a new mat after I posted the messed up mat here. I've never seen a mat do that before. I'll try and find the post.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I had a brand new Olfa mat that started to peel. The green surface was coming off in strips leaving a solid white mat underneath. I took pictures and posted them on the board. Olfa customer service said I was cutting too hard. LOL. Ofla did send me a new mat after I posted the messed up mat here. I've never seen a mat do that before. I'll try and find the post.

Found it: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...at-t33840.html I posted the email I received from Olfa about the mat.