Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just want you to know >

I just want you to know

I just want you to know

Old 04-05-2011, 02:54 AM

I posted on my Facebook page this morning...something that I don't do too often....about how quilters are really some of the nicest people..

A woman that I met here on this board is turning into one of the nicest people I have ever met....upon talking through a few emails, she invited me to a guild workshop, lunch, and to a shop hop. She offered to do all the driving, and refused gas money(no small thing is this day and age)...she has openly shared her life with me, her passions, jokes, laughter, and her sorrows...even some of the mistakes she has made...she is so transparent and is such a kind and fun person.

And just last night, out of the clear blue, she called and insisted that she come over and help me with the "wild hair" that hit me last week....one of my son's is getting married this Saturday....I decided I had to have 72 Friendship Album blocks ready for the guests to sign. (I will set them into a quilt top while they are on their honeymoon)......she will be coming tomorrow (and is bringing fresh eggs from her hens)....and all because she just wants to help..I mean, she isn't getting anything out of the deal....just wants to help....

And I am amazed...........I have looked for this attitude in friends before, and not found it.

Only in quilters have I seen this unabashed desire to help, be a blessing, console, and encourage.

So, to all of you here, who spread your positive encouragement, your smiley faces :-), your laughter and caring attitude...

This quilter says thank you.......it is you quilters who have "restored" my faith in mankind....... :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2011, 02:59 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 AM

I met someone on here and we spent a day shopping together and I can honestly say that she has become a friend. And I "met" someone else in another state via telephone. I agree with you. I don't have many true friends and they don't share my love of quilting. So it is so wonderful to have all these internet friends that we can share our joys and sorrows with. We get honest opinions that wouldn't come from those friends that are close to us. Thanks to everyone on the board from me too.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:04 AM

How fabulous to know that there are still some really good people about. I hope you both enjoy your selves, and that the wedding goes well.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 AM

There are a lot of the nicest people are on this board, arent there? It's the nicest place I've found on the internet.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 AM

Folks here are very nice - we are lucky.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:19 AM

I agree. I haven't been here long and have met so many fabulous people here.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:29 AM

This is a very good board for quilters. I have leaned so much from here.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:33 AM

I agree.....

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I met someone on here and we spent a day shopping together and I can honestly say that she has become a friend. And I "met" someone else in another state via telephone. I agree with you. I don't have many true friends and they don't share my love of quilting. So it is so wonderful to have all these internet friends that we can share our joys and sorrows with. We get honest opinions that wouldn't come from those friends that are close to us. Thanks to everyone on the board from me too.
Old 04-05-2011, 03:36 AM

What a wonderful friend you've met! I'm happy for you & envious too.Would be great to have a quilty friend. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
I posted on my Facebook page this morning...something that I don't do too often....about how quilters are really some of the nicest people..

A woman that I met here on this board is turning into one of the nicest people I have ever met....upon talking through a few emails, she invited me to a guild workshop, lunch, and to a shop hop. She offered to do all the driving, and refused gas money(no small thing is this day and age)...she has openly shared her life with me, her passions, jokes, laughter, and her sorrows...even some of the mistakes she has made...she is so transparent and is such a kind and fun person.

And just last night, out of the clear blue, she called and insisted that she come over and help me with the "wild hair" that hit me last week....one of my son's is getting married this Saturday....I decided I had to have 72 Friendship Album blocks ready for the guests to sign. (I will set them into a quilt top while they are on their honeymoon)......she will be coming tomorrow (and is bringing fresh eggs from her hens)....and all because she just wants to help..I mean, she isn't getting anything out of the deal....just wants to help....

And I am amazed...........I have looked for this attitude in friends before, and not found it.

Only in quilters have I seen this unabashed desire to help, be a blessing, console, and encourage.

So, to all of you here, who spread your positive encouragement, your smiley faces :-), your laughter and caring attitude...

This quilter says thank you.......it is you quilters who have "restored" my faith in mankind....... :thumbup: