Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: I know dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by Monie
    How do you attach and what is used to hang the wall quilts? Thanks in advance, monie
    I forgot to add a sleeve to a recent wallhanging so I made tabs & attached them. Machine sewed them along the binding seam then hand stitched the bottoms down. I hang them from sm. curtain rods on tiny nails so as not to make big holes in the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnya
    Quote Originally Posted by debcavan
    Most people attach a sleeve. I put my sleeve in two pieces so there is a hole in the middle. That way I can hang it on one nail.
    cool never thought of that. :-D
    I do the same thing ... leaving the space in the center. And if it's smaller than 36" I use a yard stick and drill a hole in the center of the yard stick and just use one nail. The yard stick makes it 'hug' the wall ... nice and flat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
    I use two methods for hanging wall hangings. If they're small enough I just fold two squares in half on the diagonal and sew one into each top corner when I put the binding on. I make a tube if the wall hanging is bigger than about 18 inches across. To make the tube I cut my fabric at least 7 inches wide by the length of the wall hanging. I hem each end by folding it over half an inch twice. I fold the tube in half lengthwise and line up the raw edges with the top when I sew the binding on and then hand stitch down the free edges when I do the binding.
    I do the same thing then use a pretty curtain holder to hang it.

I love the invisible hangers called No See Ums. The quilts hang so close to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by debcavan
    Most people attach a sleeve. I put my sleeve in two pieces so there is a hole in the middle. That way I can hang it on one nail.

What a great idea!
    Love to see a picture.

A lot of uneful information.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this Monie I really was going to ask. Now I can hang my hummingbird. yeah

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4