Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I left with tears!!!!

I stopped at roadside fruit stand today. Funny little place....lots of tourist trinkets and antiques as well as the fresh fruit. In amongst the antiques was an old Singer....complete with wooden, domed carying case....for only $165.00!!!! The sign says it works. I am flying home, so had to leave it there. I am very tempted to go back and get it and see if I can bribe someone to keep it for me until next trip out with a vehicle.

Maybe I'll do a bit of checking online to see what shipping would cost to get it home. :D

Patti

I would, but I tend to the excess... cheers

Blog Entries
    It's hard to walk away from a treasure.

Blog Entries
    You know, I bought a machine just like that at a yard sale for $25. It could be a treasure, but it is more likely an over-priced machine. Definitely do your research before purchasing so you know what models to look for and what a good price is. That way you have money left over to buy others!

Banned
    I too have seen many at yards sales for 25.00-50.00. :?

I did some checking...shipping with UPS would only be about $60 Canadian. I am thinking I will go back in the morning to have a better look at it and see if it would be worth the extra $$$$. If I am lucky, there will be a wifi access nearby so I can do some checking online without having to come all the way back to my sons' place to use his 'puter.

Patti

I hope it works out for you.

Do you have the serial number or model number of the machine? You may already have the info you need but the following may help you.

The following site will help you figure out the model number and the date it was allocated. http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

Depending on whether the s/n starts with a single letter or a double letter you click on the appropriate link. That will take you to a second page which on the right has the beginning letters. Click on that and it will give you the information you need.

To find out if it is a good price, try asking on the post on this board "Vintage Sewing Machine Shop". Billy, Charlee and others are excellent about helping. I shipped a sewing machine in a case from NY to TN for under $35.00. Ground shipping!

Hope this helps!

Blog Entries
    Remember too, the case needs to be shipped separately from the machine :wink:
    I hope it works out for you :D:D:D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    Do you have the serial number or model number of the machine? You may already have the info you need but the following may help you.

The following site will help you figure out the model number and the date it was allocated. http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

Depending on whether the s/n starts with a single letter or a double letter you click on the appropriate link. That will take you to a second page which on the right has the beginning letters. Click on that and it will give you the information you need.

To find out if it is a good price, try asking on the post on this board "Vintage Sewing Machine Shop". Billy, Charlee and others are excellent about helping. I shipped a sewing machine in a case from NY to TN for under $35.00. Ground shipping!

Hope this helps!
    And let me tell you I am just tickled with the machine!!!! I refurbished all of the electrics and now I want to make it a hand crank!!!

Jan you Rock Sweetie!!!!!!

Billy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast