Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I lost a post about a quilted bag...can you help me? >

I lost a post about a quilted bag...can you help me?

I lost a post about a quilted bag...can you help me?

Old 09-22-2013, 03:56 PM

Default I lost a post about a quilted bag...can you help me?

So I was trying to follow a thread that was posted a little over a week ago where someone showed the cutest bag with a drawstring that had tassels located a few inches below the top so that the top kind of pouffed out like a ruffle would. It was evidently published in a Better Homes and Gardens quilting magazine from 2010 but I don't know what month it was published. I'd love to see if I can find that pattern/magazine. Does this ring a bell with anyone? If I could find the post I would at least be able to see the magazine cover again and maybe that would help. Maybe I should pay more attention to the name of who posts these so I can find them again LoL. I'd love your help if anyone knows what I'm talking about here. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

here ya go http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...g-t230165.html
Old 09-22-2013, 11:21 PM

This is an easy drawstring pattern with the draw sting lower down the bag than a pump bag.. Some of my friends have made them for carrying baby stuff, sewing items. Small garden tools list could go on for ever. Pockets can go outside and inside so items stop rolling and mixing when carried.
When making look at it as a rectangle right side plus pockets then a lining plus pockets. Any quilting on the body must be done before sewing pockets on.then a large flap at top which is where you put the draw sting. When pockets on rectangle sew cright side on a circle for base only sew partially up side seam finish off . Terrible plan.

Quilted drawstring bag patterns also find tutorials and add to google with pockets and press the images and scroll through
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 AM

Ask and you shall receive........so many talented people on this board!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:00 PM

Thanks so much, I can't wait to find the magazine now. And I would use this bag for Christmas gifts...in my daughter's I will put a Nook because she loves to read. In my granddaughter's I will put make up and a hair straightener. My mom will get gardening supplies in hers. And if they go together quickly enough I might make one for myself and put quilting supplies for my on the go projects. Oh the list could go on and on.

So QuiltnNan how did you find that so easy? Is there a trick to not losing the threads you are interested in following here? I'm certainly still in the learning mode on QB!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
...So QuiltnNan how did you find that so easy? Is there a trick to not losing the threads you are interested in following here? I'm certainly still in the learning mode on QB!
I don't have any tricks... I just remembered the post from your description. You can subscribe to posts you want to follow - if you are posting a reply, use Go Advanced and scroll down to subscribe to that particular post. if you are not posting, above the first post is Thread Tools... you can subscribe on that drop down menu.