Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it >

I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

I love this fabric so much I don't want to cut it

Old 11-13-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
What a delilma, I do love this fabric I have had it for quite a few years, still i'm afraid i'll cut it wrong and
mess it up. I just so much want perfection when its nearly impossible for me to achieve. I cant think of how many times I have pulled it out and looked pondered and put it back
do you feel that way about your fabrics or do you just go for it.

Happy Quilting, Sandra
I have purchased fabric and hated to cut it before. But I did it anyways and came out fine. Some fabric is just so pretty tho, that I understand your feeling. But use it before it weakens or bugs get at it for their lunch.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:15 PM

Use it and enjoy it in a quilt. I felt that way on certain fabrics but when I die, it will probably go to Goodwill so I am busy getting all tose favs into quilts.
Love the fabric. It would look nice in a Jinny Beyers pattern too. She uses lots of border prints.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Oh, how I can identify! I will buy fabric that I have fallen in love with. But then when it comes to deciding what pattern for it, I have the hardest time. I can get overwhelmed looking through too many books. Unless you are using the identical fabric illustrated, it can sometimes be hard to really know until after it is cut and made. Sometimes I'm happier with it than other times. But it does look like the pattern you chose would work well with your fabric. There is a wonderful book called JUST CAN'T CUT IT that has great patterns to help those of us who have a hard time cutting into our fabric!
Old 11-13-2011, 02:50 PM

I agree, the pattern is perfect for the fabric. Enjoy!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:25 PM

Use larger pieces of the fabric so you can see the beauty of each one. But, DO make something so you can enjoy cuddling with it. It's beautiful!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MissSandra View Post
What a delilma, I do love this fabric I have had it for quite a few years, still i'm afraid i'll cut it wrong and
mess it up. I just so much want perfection when its nearly impossible for me to achieve. I cant think of how many times I have pulled it out and looked pondered and put it back
do you feel that way about your fabrics or do you just go for it.

Happy Quilting, Sandra
Look at your signature, happy quilting! Live it! If I may suggest, try doing a small sample quilt (a baby quilt) with other material that you like, in this pattern. You will get comfortable with the instructions and you can take notes on how you did it. I use my digital camera all the time for reminders. After you feel comfortable, CUT THIS BEAUTIFUL MATERIAL AND ENJOY IT!
peace