Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I love my LQS >

I love my LQS

I love my LQS

Old 06-07-2009, 06:16 AM

Quilt Barn

It's not so local for me 50 miles...but oh, SO worth the drive. Quilt Barn has the best selection of batiks, aisles full!

They give a BIRTHDAY discounts to their customers. Any day (once) during your birthday month, they will give a 25% discount on all fabric purchased.

Nice gals to boot!

Quilt Barn
2102 E Main, Suite 102
Puyallup, WA 98372
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 AM

thanks for the info & recomendation on Erica's. I've seen it advertised, but haven't made a trip there yet. Shipshe is an hour from me too! I'll be there this month for their first annual quilt festival.

My favorite local store was closing due to retirement, but my long-arm quilter ended up buying it. Yay! Bernina Sewing Center & Quilt Shop
Old 06-07-2009, 07:55 AM

I have LQSs, but my favorite place to shop in Weatherford, TX, is, surprisingly enough, the old Gibson's Ace Hardware on Main St in downtown.

They have a GREAT selection of fabrics, however I normally go somewhere else to buy notions, they are always out of thread in the color I want.

Now, you are going to be waited on by the local teenagers, and sometimes you have to show them how to cut fabric. However, the local teenagers need jobs, too, and I'm glad to shop at a place where THEY have a place. Plus, I think many of them might end up being future quilters because of their experience there.

And whoever is in charge of buying the fabric selection there is AWESOME!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

ChristineD- Thanks for posting the answer. I have only been in Stitch n Time only once, don't ask me why. And didn't know about the store in Wakarusa . Thanks for the info :lol:
Sharon
Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 AM

OHSue, I'm a beginning quilter in Central Ohio and Quilt Beginnings is my favorite LQS too! Very, very patient people!!, Great classes, Reasonable prices, Pfaff machines, and 2 locations!!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
There aren't any near me, so I drive to Mary Jo's, about 1@ 1/2 hours away and I love it there. The staff is always ready to help and large cutting tables with no waiting and the largest selection in the USA No frills there, but the prices are like wholesale and she carries All the brands of fabric! 24,000 sq ft of material and all kinds of notions and books. It's a day long trip for me, shop, go have lunch, and shop some more! DH always goes so he can carry my bolts!

:wink:

Ninie
And my favorite is also MARY JOS. I feel the same as you do. I drive 2 hours from my home and DH is patient with me. ( as long as I have a list) :lol:
Old 06-08-2009, 08:20 PM

I live in Southwest Missouri and we have several great shops within an hours drive.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 PM

I have one that is only 5 minutes away, but I won't go there unless I absolutely have to. They're so unfriendly and any request for help is met with such a frown you'd swear you'd asked for their first born child.

I travel just over half an hour to get to my favourite. Not the greatest range of fabrics, but the best help and the friendlies staff. They're totally helpful with tips, ideas, and they won't push something on you if it's not right.

There's one a further five minutes after my favourite, and they have a great range, but can be a bit pushy with the sales side.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:43 AM

My favorite local LQS is Etc Crafts in Cary. They are generous with their cuts too. And the ladies who work there have always been very helpful when I needed a specific color to match something. They have pulled bolts and bolts off the shelves for me to look at -- even when they knew I only needed 1/4 yd.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM

My favorite is Quilter's General Store in Rockford, about 1/2 hr from me. It's in an old farmhouse and just beautiful. They have classes, etc. There is one closer to me, but I won't go there because of the attitude of the staff. There is another one in So Beloit called Quilters Attic which has wonderful people.