Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I love the swaps here, but...

I love getting things in the mail, I work better with deadlines, and I love surprises, so swaps are great for me, but...

I'm not getting any of my other quilting done! I have been working on a queen size sampler for my bed for forever (0kay, maybe just about a year and a half) and I keep getting sidetracked by the smaller projects. Not just swaps, but gifts and things like that.

How can I make myself finish this? I told myself it would be done by June, and I have all the materials (except batting) to do it QAYG, but it just sits, while all the new exciting projects lure me away.

Does anyone have tips, advice, encouragement?

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    When you figure out the answer to this question please pass it on to me.

Blog Entries
    oh my, you need to make yourself to get it done by September 1, 2010 and focus on your quilt

when I run into those types of issues, I try to make small goals. ifeel like I'm getting somewhere and making progress. I try to keep a to do list for the project.

Blog Entries
    oh those shiny objects. they get me every time.

this sometimes works for me. i work on two projects at the same time. i have both on my work table in separate piles. i work some on the first pile, and then switch to the second. i go back and forth between both until one is done and ready to be sandwiched. then i try to get that far with the other. if i get bored before it's done, i haul out another WIP and switch between those two.

it satisfies my short attention span and things get done by about the same time they would have if i'd worked all the way through one before starting another.

doesn't always work, but it does help sometimes.

Blog Entries
    Quilting is fun for me... Gifts are a priority, but the rest? It is what I WANT to work on LOL be it swaps or other projects :D:D:D

Patrice - I am usually working on at LEAST two projects, but right now it's three. I did make myself do a tiny bit on the center medallion square, which isn't finished yet, before I worked on my swap blocks today.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    oh my, you need to make yourself to get it done by September 1, 2010 and focus on your quilt
    To do list - that sounds like an idea that might help me. I love making lists and crossing off things.

ETA : Whoops, I meant to quote StPatMom. :oops:

Blog Entries
    I am going to ground myself from the computer if I don't get a quilt done that has to be finished soon. I get to the stage of putting the strips together then I want to work on something else. Maybe I will put it in writing and then be embarassed if I don't have anything crossed off. Maybe????

Well, it's still 10 months til June. hehehe
    Carol B

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast