Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I m gonna kill my sewing machine... >

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

I m gonna kill my sewing machine...

Old 06-13-2009, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
so sorry, sunnyhope, only thing I can think of is to get out the manual and read it, there should be a trouble shooting chapter in it! :(

Make sure your bobbin holder is snapped in correctly?
i think it is,, its way mum thought me anyway, i cant find the manul but i m sure there is one online,

i mite wait until 2morrow, get my mum too have a look and if she cant fix it i will take it back to the shop and if they dont have new one for me i ll ask for my money back, i did see a place in town where i could buy a reasnoble priced one.

as much as i want a proper quilting one i just cant afford one.
if anyone has recomomandations for not pricy machines plz write them here and i will write those names down and take with me to the shop on monday.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Pull out the intruction book...at the back of the book the new Singer machines have a trouble shooting page...are you sure that you didn't put the bobbin in backwards? Sometimes that is the issue...

Just read that you don't have the book...go to singer.com they should have info on your machine.........
Old 06-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Pull out the intruction book...at the back of the book the new Singer machines have a trouble shooting page...are you sure that you didn't put the bobbin in backwards? Sometimes that is the issue...

Just read that you don't have the book...go to singer.com they should have info on your machine.........
how on earth can u put it in backwards?
Old 06-13-2009, 02:51 PM

My first thought when I read your problem was that you might have something in the bobbin case..i.e a dust bunny or a little bit of thread. To check this, take the bobbin out and run your sewing machine brush around the bobbin case.

Otherwise...
When that problem happens to me, I redo everything. I re-thread the top; re-thread the bobbin in the bobbin case, change the needle. Make sure that the thread coming from the top goes into each and every guide it is suppose to go into.

Make sure that the bobbin thread is entering the bobbin case in the right way... example, I had put my bobbin into the bobbin case with the thread unwinding clockwise and with machine I was using, the thread is suppose to unwind counterclockwise.

Good luck.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 PM

I have more than once put the bobbin in wrong with the thread going in the wrong direction, i.e. clockwise instead of counter clockwise for my machine.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyhope

how on earth can u put it in backwards?
I don't know if your machine is a drop in bobbin or industrial style which is up right. If the thread is feeding from the wrong direction, it can affect the machine operation.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

Is your needle in the correct way? I just had a flub with my machine and I had the needle in backwards. It kept cutting the thread.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:44 PM

needle is correct way, it must be somthing with the bobbin i think but it is the rite way(clockwise as it says)

i v never had these problems on my mums old sewing machine :cry:

its really bigging me this, i mean its a brand new sewing machine and u shouldnt be struggeling like this with a new machine should u?
it kinda makes me go arghhh why should i bother sewing at alll when i m just experiancing problems :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 06-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Some times we need to shut the machine off and come back to it in a couple of hours, rethread it, take the bobbin out and put it back in...and the machine will work fine...have you tried a new needle?? If they get bent just a little it would also cause this problem.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:58 PM

Having the needle in backward can cause sewing problems like you mentioned. Tighten all the screws. Sorry you are having trouble with a new machine, but those are the ones that cause us most difficulty because we do things that we THINK we should do like the old machine, but the new machine has new rules! Find out what it wants. :?