Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: I may be traumatized

I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna.425
    I jumped on ebay to look for quilt panels and jumped into the handmade quilts page. There was a "vintage" section that I spent sometime looking at. I came across one quilt that I know was not handmade as my mother purchased one for me when I was 8. As I continued to look through the various quilts I realized that many of them were from my childhood and they are labeled vintage. Now that official definition of an antique is 50 years or older. I am 51 and the realization came to me OMG I'm vintage! LOL I have the soul of a 30 year old.
    i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!

Just like fine wine, we are better aged. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
    i don't need to hear the 50 year thing-----------sticking quilt scraps in my ears!
    DITTO LOL

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    I love this post. Feel the very same way. Brows through antique stores and am finding our wedding gifts! What is up with that !! "they are vintage" still did not feel any better !

I feel your pain ! hah!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Except I think that I'm turning to vinegar........

:lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNana
    Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Except I think that I'm turning to vinegar........

:lol:
    Seriously Anna, I hope someone can answer and help who has had some ebay experience as to false advertising on ebay?

I think the rule is still 100 years old for an antique and 30 to 50 years old for collectibles and 50 to 100 years old for vintage.

I've noticed a whole lot of ebay sellers don't really have a clue what they're talking about.

Blog Entries
    I feel so very old when I go to antique shops with DH and DD and see toys that DH and I played with. I feel even older when younger DD doesn't know what a dial phone is. LOL!

Blog Entries
    I remember the 1st time I was at an antique store and items from my childhood/that era were there. My 1st thought was this stuff isn't old ....

Page 1 of 12 1 2 11 ... LastLast