Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need help picking 11 colors for a bargello quilt.

How do I pick 11 colors for a bargello quilt? Do I pick a dark med and light of a color? please help me I have a hard time with picking colors out.
    thanks
    Jean

Blog Entries
    do a google search of: bargello quilt images... find a color scheme that appeals to you and go from there :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    when you go to a quilt shop have them help you to pick out fabrics

I did a search like amma suggested and posted the bargello link here for you in case you didn't know how to search for it

http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4...w=1236&bih=753

I found that fabrics with prints worked better than solids. If you want depth, then get some highly contrasting fabrics. For a softer look, use a soft transition, or shades of the same colors.

I needed 21 for the first one I made and I thought it would be hard, but I ended up with 24 no problem at all. LOL

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    Here's how I did it, but only needed 7 fabrics and definitely wanted batik and an orange-brown and green color scheme. I don't have a LQS so I bought online. I found the full line of Hoffman Watercolor Batiks, found one medium of each of those colors and went both directions to find my darks and lights. (Haven't made the quilt yet, but I'm ready.) Maybe this is the wrong way to do it, but it looks like it's going to work beautifully.

I bought a couple jelly rolls and that made the choice for me. I love my bargello.