Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help >

I need help

I need help

Old 06-29-2014, 01:25 PM

Default I need help

I am working on a miniature log cabin quilt. It needs 15 blocks... 3 across and 5 down.

It is the fields and furrow layout, but going the opposite way most are layed out.... so with the white going left to right. ( does that make sense) I lost my pattern, so I am trying to figure out the layout. I can find 12 blocks 3x4 or 16 4x4..... but no 15 block layouts. Can anyone help.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:21 PM

maybe the diagram on this page will help. if it's not going the right direction, print the picture and turn it around. you could also cut it down so it is 3x5 blocks.

http://www.quiltingworks.com/pattern...bindesigns.htm
Old 06-29-2014, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by sdeaaz View Post
I am working on a miniature log cabin quilt. It needs 15 blocks... 3 across and 5 down.

It is the fields and furrow layout, but going the opposite way most are layed out.... so with the white going left to right. ( does that make sense) I lost my pattern, so I am trying to figure out the layout. I can find 12 blocks 3x4 or 16 4x4..... but no 15 block layouts. Can anyone help.

Thanks.
you do know when you turn the quilt upside down-----------the whites will be going the other direction, don't you?

Google "fields and furrows log cabin" and follow any of the examples
Old 06-29-2014, 04:22 PM
Power Poster

is this the layout you are seeking? it will work with 3x5 blocks, but looks better with more
http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...t-designs.html
Old 06-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
you do know when you turn the quilt upside down-----------the whites will be going the other direction, don't you?

Google "fields and furrows log cabin" and follow any of the examples
Actually, no, they will go the same direction right side up or down. However if you turn it 1/4 turn, the stripes will go the opposite way. But if the quilt is not square, this may not be an option.

15 blocks can only be done as 3x5, and that is not always a good ratio of length to height. You might be better off adding one more block for a square quilt, 4x4.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 AM

thank you ladies... I sure wish I could find the magazine that the original was in. I get so frustrated with myself. I think I need to start taking pictures and documenting better when I start a long term project. Thanks again. I really appreciate all your help. I think I can figure it out from some of the pictures you suggested.