Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need opinions on the next project

So here is my dilema, I need a quilt done like yesterday, My sister would like a OBW (one block wonder), and I have fireman print fabric that is not even close to being suitable for the OBW. I solved one, there is enough firemen for the back. She is into earth tones, but I only have 3 prints that I have enough of to do her quilt (approx queen size) I am adding pictures of the print. If I could get what print that you would do for her and what size I should cut my strips that would be great, I keep looking and I tend to want to cut them small, the thing is that I have it and other stuff to finish off before Mon when my parents are leaving. so I would like to be reasonable and not do another one like the last OBW that I just did.

Or should I just scrap this idea and move on to the next?

my first choice, but I feel like cutting the crap out of it to get the proper effect of the OBW
    Name:  Attachment-43086.jpe
Views: 20
Size:  81.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I love the chili pepper fabric. I've never done a OBW before so I don't know how it works. But, if you're doing small strips, I would go with the grapes. If you're going with larger strips, chili peppers. The reason being if the strips are too small you might lose the chili pepper-ness whereas the grapes are such a small print. The one with the birds is pretty but it always freaks me out to cut off animals heads when making a quilt top. And depending on how small the strips are, you might get a lot of decapitated birds :?

Thank you, still sitting here pondering the question, I am not happy doing big blocks from any of them really but that is what I really need to do. None really qualify for earth tones either, but I am trying to do the best with what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    The one with the birds is pretty but it always freaks me out to cut off animals heads when making a quilt top. And depending on how small the strips are, you might get a lot of decapitated birds :?
    :D

That's so funny... I never thought of it like that! I'll never be able to cut their heads off now! LOL

:-)

Is your sister leaving with your parents? Either way, personally, I would finish my parents quilt before my sister. My 2 cents worth. Love your fabrics.

Doesn't she understand that art takes time? I would just let her know that you want it to be just right so it can't be done that quickly.

THere isn't one out of 4 for my parents, they are for christmas presents for my family and they are taking them back so that I don't have to mail them. I have one that just needs binding, almost top tops and one that is sitting in a pile of fabric, yet to be decided.

it is me that wants to be able to send them on their way. I would like them done and gone, one thing checked off the christmas list. It is my high expectations that is doing this, no one elses.

Oh I understand now. Gosh, I think the peppers would be closest to her colors.

Blog Entries
    Cutebuns, I would go with the chili pepper fabric and add some other earth tones in the border. I know you hate bigger blocks, but a 10" block would work up nicely, also :wink: