Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need opinions :)

Hi, I'm new here! I have just about finished a quilt top for my daughter's birthday (she's turning 1) and I can't decide how to quilt it. I'm debating between stippling and straight line quilting (with lines 1/4" outside each of the sashing seams). And I also can't decide what color would look nice for the quilting thread. I was thinking pale pink or pale blue if I do stippling, and gray to match the sashing if I do straight line.

Also...I'm getting something weird with my sewing machine. It's not that I get loops on one side whenever I sew---that I would know how to fix (tension)---but I'll get 5 normal stitches, then one that seems a little loose, then 8 normal stitches, then one that seems a little loose. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much :)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Louisiana. I think maybe a combination of quilting would be cute. When I have stitch problems I go back to basics. Change needle, re thread top and bottom thread, clean and oil (if it is the type to oil) and try out on scrap fabric. Have a happy Sunday:)

i spy some amy butler fabs there! ""drool""
    love the dark sashing too.
    nice job

I like it, maybe a strong Pink vs a pale pink for quilting as far as the stitches check the boobin, I find that when the boobin whines uneven my machine does the same thing just my two cents.

Blog Entries
    Lintu, your quilt is beautiful! Erstand947 gives you good advice. Iíve fixed issues by simply re-threading my machine, not sure why this works but it does. Another tip just go back to the most recent thing that youíve changed on your machine Ė that is where youíll find the problem. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    really like your quilt- what size block are those

Blog Entries
    I like to use verigated thread. I think a combo of stippling and straight would look nice. I think I would stipple the sashin, though, to make the blocks stand out and do the straight stitching in the blocks. That's just me but you asked!

cute quilt. how about a variegated thread pinks and blues. I would quilt some circles in the gray -- pick up on the pattern on the fabric. Then do either a meander or loops in the blocks. Or meander with hearts.

I like your quilt. Your daughter will love it.

Like your fabric and color choices! Amy Butler fabrics are so nice. I think your quilting plan sounds great. Be sure and post a pic when you get it finished.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast