Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need a pattern

I'm looking for a pattern for welding caps. Can anybody help me :cry: Sure would appreciate any input :)

I also have a tip for sewing 1/4" seams: I use the magnet from the back of a picture frame & place it on the throat plate @ the 1/4" line :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy cat lady
    I'm looking for a pattern for welding caps. Can anybody help me :cry: Sure would appreciate any input :)

I also have a tip for sewing 1/4" seams: I use the magnet from the back of a picture frame & place it on the throat plate @ the 1/4" line :thumbup:
    I've heard that one should not put magnets on computerized machines. Is this true?

Blog Entries
    you should not have any magnets around computerized sewing machines, that is what the dealer told me and can't use the magnetic pincushions either

Blog Entries
    here is a link for those hats to buy them

http://www.gambeenohats.com/

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    look at this blog about those hats

http://craftingwithmawmawbecky.blogs...ding-caps.html

Blog Entries
    I sat a magnetic pincushion on mine, and really messed things up. Lucky for me, it was dstill under warrenty! Ao no, no magnetics on computerized machines!!

Don't use magnets anywhere near computer stuff. The hardward can be completely lost because it has tiny bits of metal in it. I put a magnetic business card on the side of a metal CPU case. It took one weekend to completely erase my computers programs. Not good. Pins that have been on a magnetic pin cushion have usually developed some amount of magnetic properties. Done use pins from a magnetic pin cushion in your machine sewing. I finally threw my magnetic pin cushion away and purchased a magnet with low pull to help pick up pins on the floor. Then I transfer them to my regular pin cushion.

Another hint: You can take a magnetic strip usually used to make refrigerater magnets. Put a long strip on the front of those floor cleaners. It makes it easy to sweep up the pins.