Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Need to Share! >

I Need to Share!

I Need to Share!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM

YOu go girl. We expect great things from you, Weezie.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Google Goddess

awesome,. welcome back to sewing, have fun!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:44 PM

Thank you, all. I may have accidentally mis-lead you. I have, in fact, been sewing all along ... I just have not been quilting. Every finished quilt top goes into a box to be quilted later. Because I'm really picky about everything I make, I want to feel much more comfortable at FMQ. I am able to meander and stipple, but my stitches aren't as uniform as I would like. I bought a lesson book of designs (flowers, feathers, etc.) for FMQ and I must practice, practice, practice. Now that I have another place set up for the Janome 1600, hopefully I'll be able to do that every now and then.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:51 PM

lets do a happy dance that you get to have your machine out of hiding. bummer about the son moving back in but hey at least he has you to move back in with. that is a blessing. plus he can sit with your hubby and play nurse for a few hours a day while you get some meds in your sewing room. just don't forget to thank son for losing his job so that you get to have some fun. (as long as he has a sense of humor) I am doing a happy dance for you that you get to have your sewing machine back out.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Woo Hoo!!! I hope that you find a lot of time to get in some practice :D:D:D
Old 05-25-2010, 07:44 AM

Congrats on getting your FMQ set up. Sorry your DS moved back in. Mine did a year ago. He sleeps in my sewing room. It's the only place we had to put him. I have to wait till he gets out of bed to sew. Frustating!!!!!
Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by momymom
Congrats on getting your FMQ set up. Sorry your DS moved back in. Mine did a year ago. He sleeps in my sewing room. It's the only place we had to put him. I have to wait till he gets out of bed to sew. Frustating!!!!!
That's an even worse situation than mine! I have part if an upstairs room in which to sew and an entire downstairs room. If I can accomplish what I hope to with my machine on the table instead of on the long frame, I'll be fairly satisfied.

Since my son was on his own for a couple of years, he now does his own laundry, bathroom cleaning, and usually prepares his own meals. My DH has special dietary needs, so family meals with me as chief cook are ancient history.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Happy for you!! As a caregiver myself, I know how much you need some time for yourself!! This will be a needed respite for you!! Enjoy!!