Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need suggestions, please

I need suggestions, please

I want to make a baby quilt for a friend. She does not know the sex and is planning to use "grass green" and cream to decorate - no specific design, though. I don't care for the colors very much so I am drawing a blank on what pattern to make. Any help is appreciated.
    Enjoy your day,
    Jan

A fat quarter is not a body part!

Blog Entries
    How about an Irish chain? Use the cream for the background and use different prints in the green for the chain part
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Hi Jan,

I like the idea Auntpiggly had about the Irish Chain. If you don't have the pattern, Jenny Doan has a great video on it. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHfIXnk_W4A I want to make one also.
    Just becasue she wants to use Grass Green doesn't mean you can's sneak in another color. Or maybe find another green that will look good with it.
    Post a picture of the quilt when your done! I would love to see it.

~ Susan

Quote Originally Posted by jan in fl View Post
    i want to make a baby quilt for a friend. She does not know the sex and is planning to use "grass green" and cream to decorate - no specific design, though. I don't care for the colors very much so i am drawing a blank on what pattern to make. Any help is appreciated.

jacobs ladder,

This was a free pattern awhile back & you could use those colours in it. Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the completed quilt now that webshots is finished. Name:  Meishell's sibling001_edited (Small).jpg
Views: 386
Size:  30.2 KB I'm sorry I don't have the link to the pattern right at hand, but if you like it, maybe someone else knows where it was originally posted.

Blog Entries
    Think frogs, turtles, fish, beachy colors, mixing in blues, beiges with the cream would be nice. If you wanted to keep to strictly green/cream, you could try some shades of green and do something like a bargello or trip around the world.

Go to Google images and search for green baby quilts for more inspiration:

https://www.google.com/search?q=gree...HouK9QTqmICgBQ

Power Poster
    I'm thinking cream background with either green polka dots or stripes. Lots of interesting pieced patterns for two colour quilts. The one someone showed of big triangles to make a zig zag pattern would look good.

how about an i-spy quilt --lots of colour -lots of interest --can beused as a crawl on mat-will take them up to almost school age

Quote Originally Posted by jemma View Post
    how about an i-spy quilt --lots of colour -lots of interest --can beused as a crawl on mat-will take them up to almost school age
    This is what I mostly make. You could add a border and back with strong grass green over tones.

I also think you do not have to stick only to green and creme. How about adding blue if it is a boy and adding pink if it is a girl. Maybe green is not motivational to you but it is atleast happier and better to work with then requests of a black and brown quilt for a baby.

This is what comes up when I google green baby quilt. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&g...GOKEjAK2v4GIDw
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-21-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    "Green Grass" - Hmm that means lots and lots of shades of green, to me. Have you looked at all the 'neighbors' yards? Brown green, yellow green, going all the way to a dark green.

Good luck with your project
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast