Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need your suggestions, please

I want to add border to my quilt top today but I am undecided about how big to make the pieces. The border will be the same solid green strips that are in the quilt body, those are aproximately 7" wide. The quilt top right now measures 48 inches long by 34.5 inches wide. Should I stick with 7" wide borders or go bigger? I was thinking maybe 10" but I'm not sure how it will look. What would you do?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Izy
    I would make them the same size to balance it Renee , I think a smaller border would look insignificant as your green fabric is so wide:D

I would make the borders the same size also Renee. That way you get a balanced look. And love the colors :wink:

Thanks ladies! I thought that is what would be said! I should've just went with my first instinct instead of sitting in front of the computer since now I just wanna browse around here!!

*Keeps telling self......I will get this done today, I will get this done today*

I would make the borders 3.5 inches......(I think the wide borders might be too much.....) just an opinion, I really like what you've done regardless

Okay, I went with 7 inch border and I'm done you can see it in the pictures section:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/12159.page

Thanks again ladies!
    Renee

:shock: Wow what a beautiful quilt. May I ask the size of the squares? This is the style of quilting that I am learning with. On quilt top 3 - just begining as some people have made hundreds already. LOL It is sooo pretty and green is my husbands favorite color. Just simply beautiful!!!!! MissTami :roll:

Blog Entries
    Nice quilt. Great job.

Miss Tami, the individual squares are 4 inches, I used a 1/4 inch seam.

Renee